WnSoft Forums

African Birds

JRR

After a long hiatus, a new "AV" of mine was loaded yesterday on Beechbrook entitled "African Birds".

The quotes around AV are meant to indicate that it is not a polished AV. It is a quick and dirty one that I prepared yesterday as a friend wanted to have a look at some of my bird shots from Africa. As it is not a show that I intend to present widely (likely the one showing) I went with the images as cropped for compositional purposes, rather than for AV. That means they are various sizes and the transitions are not optimal.

Also one or two pictures would normally have not made it into a serious AV as their quality is lacking.

Have a look if you would like to. Any and all comments, keeping in mind my comments above, are always welcome.

Thanks

Jim Robertson

Hi Jim,

Nice collection of African birds, I am just a week back from 4 weeks in S. Africa, I did not see as many birds as you saw but concentrated more on the bigger animals. Your show helps me to get the names right of the few birds I took pictures of.

Thanks for showing.

regards,

Bert

Ralph:

Thanks for putting in the link. Thanks for the comment re the excellent photography - you should have seen the shots that did not make it into the show, they would have made these look even better :) :)

Ken:

Thanks, and yes the Florida flamingos would have looked better, but then that would be cheating ! B)

Lin:

Thanks for compliments. And also thanks for putting some oil on the rusty brain of mine and advising how to remove the comments from some images. Normally I would have put the comments in via Photoshop to ensure that they all were lined up, but using the file name and the comments from Project Options was much quicker.

Bert:

Glad you had a chance to spend 4 weeks over there.

The pics represented about 70% of the different birds we saw/photographed.

Yes most photographers go for the "big game" as did we, but being bird photographers too, we kept out eyes out for the winged game as well. We were in Tanzania for slightly over a week and then several months later (long story) we were in South Africa for 6.5 weeks, 2.5 in Kruger and 2.5 in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on the border with Botswana. Another week was in Namaqualand photographing spring flowers, and then finally a few days in Cape Town. So I suspect we had more chances to see birds than you did.

If you want to see (or share some of your Africa shots) join us on Google Plus (G+). Keep an eye on African Tuesday and Threatened Thursday amongst others. I can give you some names of people on G+ who post VERY nice images from there.

Thank you all Gentlemen

"I can give you some names of people on G+ who post VERY nice images from there."

Hello Jim,

Im also on google+ so please could you message me the names, id really love to see more

thank you in advance

regards

ralph

Hello Jim,

Im also on google+ so please could you message me the names, id really love to see more

thank you in advance

regards

ralph

I sent you a note, but just in case it doesn't get there, here are some names to start with:

As I mentioned keep an eye on "#africantuesday" and "#threatenedthursday" for more:

Dick Whitlock

Grobler du Preez

Morkel Erasmus

Dana Allen

Anette Mossbacher

Angelika Ritter

Andy Biggs

Christa Niederer

Rudi van den Heever

Gerry Van der Walt

I hang out at https://plus.google.com/u/0/111546785894878927605/posts

Hope that helps

Hello Jim,

you will hopefully have recieved my replies but thank you for listing here also

ralph

Morning Ralph (Although I guess it is afternoon over there)

I did receive your kind note and replied to it.

Hopefully it came through.