WnSoft Forums

New PTE bug I think

potwnc

I can recreate this easily but it's so obvious I wonder if it may be my PC (I recently changed to a new graphics card). Please help to verify if this is a real bug.

Using either PTE 707 or 756 (I've tested this on WIndows XP x64 and Windows 7 x64 only, and I installed all the latest Microsoft critical Windows updates tonight to rule out any out of date OS software. I also ran a full virus scan), create a new project and add a new blank slide. Go into Objects and Animation and add 2 videos to that blank slide where one video runs for its original length (say, a few seconds) then the second video begins and runs for its original length (control this by key frames).

I've tried various video formats (mpg2, avi, mp4) both with and without using PTE to convert them. Nothing seems to make any difference: the second video just doesn't play or even just appears as a green rectangle (depending on the format of the video). My new graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and I downloaded the latest driver tonight but that also made no difference.

I've spent quite a few hours yesterday and tonight trying to get this simple video scenario to work but I can't.

Can anyone else recreate this same problem?

Guest Yachtsman1

Just tried your problem using 7.07, 2 vid clips added via video icon & spaced with key frames in O&A, no problems. Done this many times over the last 10 months without problems. My system W7 Professional 64bit SP1, Nvidia card, all in it's 3rd year.

Yachtsman1.

I think a little more detail and a screen shot would help?

I have a project which runs three converted videos in the same slide and I'm not getting those symptoms.

I have just tried altering the durations and offsets of all three videos and cannot reproduce what you see.

The closest I can get is if I leave the cursor at the end of the videos and alter the Slide Duration, when I click OK the O&A screen then shows 3 Green rectangles, but altering the cursor position puts this right and the green rectangles do not return. I think that the action of changing the Slide Duration momentarily causes this problem. Once you tell the system where it is in terms of time it recovers. I can't replicate a situation where a video will not play.

W7 / 64 nVidia GT545.

Is the second video a child of the first video (by accident or design)??

post-2488-0-91835200-1364284063_thumb.jp

DG

Hi Ray,

Just tried this and it works fine with my Win XP system. I'm assuming that you set the "offset" for the second video to the amount of time for the first video to complete and set the slide time long enough for both? Otherwise, there must be something in either the OS or your individual system which is causing this.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Yes I set all the parameters correctly and the duration of the blank slide is longer than the two videos combined.

At this point I think there is a problem with my computer (Windows PC). I was able to get my scenario working tonight when I created a new project again from scratch and added the videos per my original steps. Then I went back to my original project where I first "discovered" this "bug," deleted the blank slide containing the videos and re-built that slide. I then started having all kinds of problems. PTE is now crashing on me when I try to work with that project (which has _never_ happened before and I've been using it for over ten years), and sometimes just before it crashes my whole screen (not just the PTE window) pixelates.

So I no longer think this is a PTE problem. Thanks to you three for helping confirm what I thought (but was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with).