WnSoft Forums

Windows 8 key register [SOLVED]

Leo Palmer

Leo,

In the meantime while waiting to hear from support, How old or new is your key registration ?

I ask this because if you have a Lifetime key and also a VideoBuilder upgrade key ... both keys must be entered into PTE to fully register it.

Hello Leo,

We apologize for this problem!

Please let me know - what antivirus/Internet security software you have installed on your computer?

Hello Igor,

The only virus guard I'm using is Windows Defender.

I've had a reply last night from Pic2Exe support who gave me a new key and links and told me what to do. Unfortunately the problem changed. After following instructions to the letter,4 times in succession, at the end of installation I get a Set Up failure window telling me it has failed. I initially ignored it tried to enter the new , very long key, I was told told the key was no good. I sent a rely to Pic2Exe support explaining all this. I'm waiting patiently for a reply.

Thanks

Leo

Leo,

In the meantime while waiting to hear from support, How old or new is your key registration ?

I ask this because if you have a Lifetime key and also a VideoBuilder upgrade key ... both keys must be entered into PTE to fully register it.

Thanks for responding. I was using my latest key, over the years I've bought Pic2Exe 3 times....upgraded, lost key etc. I've been using Pic2Exe since version 4 for simple click of the mouse presentations or fairly basic slide shows to music.

I've never had a problem loading it, over the years, on any computer using 4 different versions of Windows operating system....until Windows 8. No matter whatever I try I cannot get it to work.

Thanks

Leo

Igor,

The following might be of some help ~ As you know since the introduction of Windows XP (all versions) ~ Microsoft introduced a utility called "WGA"

(Windows-Genuine-Advantage) whereby the PC would call Microsoft and check the validity of the installed (OEM) "Operating-System-Key-Code".

This utility was placed within the "OP/System-Installation-Disc" and from there it was transferred to the PC together with the full Operation-System

where after it would call home on a regular basis and because it was embedded in the PC.Registry the PC-owner could do nothing about it !!

With Windows-8 that has all changed ~ New (OEM) "Op-System-Key-Code" are now embedded in the Hardware ~ the "Machine Bios-System" and

apparently they can't be changed ~ but it can be interrogated by Microsoft at any time of their choosing ~ there is a universal name for that !!!.

Perhaps this new Microsoft procedure is interfering with your "Product Script-Key-Code" ~ its just a thought !!

Brian (Conflow)

Igor,

The following might be of some help ~ As you know since the introduction of Windows XP (all versions) ~ Microsoft introduced a utility called "WGA"

(Windows-Genuine-Advantage) whereby the PC would call Microsoft and check the validity of the installed (OEM) "Operating-System-Key-Code".

This utility was placed within the "OP/System-Installation-Disc" and from there it was transferred to the PC together with the full Operation-System

where after it would call home on a regular basis and because it was embedded in the PC.Registry the PC-owner could do nothing about it !!

With Windows-8 that has all changed ~ New (OEM) "Op-System-Key-Code" are now embedded in the Hardware ~ the "Machine Bios-System" and

apparently they can't be changed ~ but it can be interrogated by Microsoft at any time of their choosing ~ there is a universal name for that !!!.

Perhaps this new Microsoft procedure is interfering with your "Product Script-Key-Code" ~ its just a thought !!

Brian (Conflow)

Leo,

I wonder why you copied my previous Post of 10:40.pm (above) and re-submitted it in your name

at 07:17.am this morning ~ but without any added comment from you what so ever. ?

Perhaps its a 'Forum-Error' as that has been playing up for the past 24 hours and I certainly did

check my Post for editing purposes and there was no 2.nd copy at that time of Posting .?

Brian (Conflow)

Leo,

I wonder why you copied my previous Post of 10:40.pm (above) and re-submitted it in your name

at 07:17.am this morning ~ but without any added comment from you what so ever. ?

Perhaps its a 'Forum-Error' as that has been playing up for the past 24 hours and I certainly did

check my Post for editing purposes and there was no 2.nd copy at that time of Posting .?

Brian (Conflow)

Brian,

I did read it but if I did re submit it was an error. Although I don't think I did.

Leo