WnSoft Forums

problems completing publishing for Facebook

Hemjr

I have completed a slideshow containing pictures and several videos. The length is a little under 8 minutes. It works well as an exe show. It goes through the conversions for Facebook, but will not upload. I tried it both as an HD and standard. I did do the process of verifying for Facebook.

Any suggestions?

You didn't mention the "size" of the project as a video. Facebook has a limit of 20 minutes and 1024 megabytes for video. Does your video exceed a gigabyte in size? If you are within these limits, try uploading it manually and see if that works....

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

I tried twice using PTE, but could not get it to work. I took your suggestion and tried to load directly onto Facebook. It took two attempts, but finally worked. Have not viewed whole show yet.

Thanks again.

Whatever was causing the problem the first time you tried to upload manually may have been causing the same problem when you tried to upload via PTE.

What I would do is to make a very small video - maybe just a couple slides and a very small video clip and try to upload that via PTE. If that works you can delete it from Facebook and assume that the problem was not with PTE. There really have not been any upload issues with Facebook discussed, so my first guess would be that it may just be a web issue. If a very small test video doesn't upload then we can look further.

Best regards,

Lin

The exact wording of the error message was "An error while downloading a video occurred. The file has not been downloaded".

The test show was 13.1 kb and runs for 54 seconds. It contains 3 slides and a short video. I chose HD quality. It did add successfully when uploading direct to Facebook.

Thanks.

Guest Yachtsman1

The exact wording of the error message was "An error while downloading a video occurred. The file has not been downloaded".

The test show was 13.1 kb and runs for 54 seconds. It contains 3 slides and a short video. I chose HD quality. It did add successfully when uploading direct to Facebook.

Thanks.

Hi 13.1KB sounds too small to contain a video, something wrong there.

Yachtsman1.

Thanks Igor,

I am surprised no one else has reported problem. I have not used the feature of stills and video in PTE before nor used the Facebook application. Great program! Thanks for all your work.