WnSoft Forums

P2E & International Competition

Peter S Coles

For any using Pictures to EXE, please go to www.avworld.org

There is an International Competition for Digital AV Sequences to be held in Haworth, Yorkshire, England 26th & 27th March 2004 - Closing date for entries 7th March.

It is the IAC Geoffrey Round Digital AV Competition with FIAP Patronage.

The rules and entry forms are available on the above site.

Last year this event was the first ever International Digital AV Competition patronised by FIAP.

There were 54 entries. Most of the entries used Pictures to EXE.

So if you have made Sequences of which you are proud, do have a go and see how they match up when judged alongside others.

If you continue to experience any difficulty through contact with www.avworld.org and you would like details and a form contact me on

peter@3-c.coop

or

avworld@3-c.coop

I will then send these to your e-mail address.

Currently Maureen is updating the Geoffrey Round pages but you could gain information through the events pages. The rules are within these in English and French.

Hi Peter

Welcome to the PTE Forum! :D

I have had some computer problems in last few days & am currently sorting it out, so hopefully all will be there very soon!

Guessing that the link to the entry fiche is the "weak link". :(

Sending this on my old computer & the website is on the new one (which is currently copying a DVD - like watching paint dry!). When the other computer is free I'll check the links again.

The AV World site loads OK (I think) but I have to ammend some of the details of the competition venue. (six hands and twelve computers would be nice!) - I just have the important bit - a patient husband! :P

Will ask Gerard to double check my french ammendments - don't want to give them the wrong information.

Love to all

Maureen

I have now updated the AV World web site with all the details of the 2004 International Digital AV Competition.

Hope lots will send in sequences to share with us & come along to meet up & see the variety of work.

It is based at Haworth in Yorkshire which is a very pretty place & lots to see & do if you fancy a holiday in that area any time. Look at the pictures & try to see the accomodation links etc

See http://www.avworld.org

and please let me know if the links don't work !

Anyone any advice about adding a Paypal link please?

I'm not professional! :huh:

BW Maureen

Maureen,

http://www.maureenalbright.com/treneer/av/...news-gr2004.htm works, although some

of the graphics don't appear on the page. But http://www.maureenalbright.com/treneer/av/...d-rules2004.htm is linked to http://www.maureenalbright.com/pages/fiche-gr2004.htm, which is still

"404 not found".

I'm not sure from the rules - do you have to be there in person on March 26/27 to enter? I would not

be able to get there on those dates, but would still like to enter.

As for PayPal, I have found their manuals/tutorials to be quite easy to follow.

Ray

Hi Ray

Many thanks for letting me know about the dud links.

Will fix them later or early tomorrow (getting a reputation as a vampire with all my late nights).

Peter has sent me some new articles to upload too.

You certainly don't have to be there in person - but always nice to meet other friendly AV workers, apart from seeing the huge range of sequences. Several years ago it seemed most British sequences were documentary. These days there is a tremendous range of topics and styles. Look forward to seeing your sequences.

There will be another big International Festival at Cirencester in September :D links at www.avworld.org soon

Will try to add a Paypal button on the AV World site so people could pay & send in their sequences, or subscribe.

Thanks for your help

Best wishes

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...
:) The latest number of entries for the IAC Geoffrey Round International Digital AV Competition in Haworth, Yorkshire on 26th & 27th March - 74 entries, 35 of which have authors from outside the UK. -- of these 74 entries all but ten of them use P2E. -- By the closing date I expect about 80 Sequences. This must be the largest collection of stand alone Sequences in any competitive evnt so far. ---- Come and see the Show ar Haworth. --- See or web site www.avworld.org

Hi Peter,

Looks like you have your work cut out. when was the last time you saw an event whith this level of entries? It seems that workers are voting with their CDs :rolleyes: . My two should be with you now P.G. unfortunatly the local bailiff says I can not go to the event, but Phil and I wish you the very best for the weekend,

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan & others

There's an RPS Distinctions Day on the Friday evening - shame I'm not nearer to " coax " you" :( !

It's not too late to enter either!

You'll have a good day with Ian when he comes over too. :D

Love to all across the Welsh Water / Irish Sea

Maureen

Thanks Maureen for the kind wishes from St. Davids Country. Hope you were not too tender yesterday. We are now in full traning for St. Paddy's Day. Standards must be maintained :P .

I have applied to the national lottery for funding to attend A/V events world wide. :o I make my application every Saturday and Wednesday, but as of now the cheque has not arrived :(:D

Where are your shots for the THIRD IMMAGE <_<

Best Wishes,

Alan

Hi Alan

Don't put your grant application in just yet - wouldn't want you crossing the water for the Geoffrey Round when I'm over for the Dublin AV Day on the same weekend!

Hopefully see you then!!

Ian

To Cindy (or is it Dusty?)

We would love to have an entry from you.

Currently we have 79 entries but none from the USA. $15 for the first Sequence $5 for the second. --- Your could send your entry via e-mail if you want as I'm on Broadband ---- peter@3-c.coop --- just put "fee on it's way" -- We'll trust you !!!!!!!!!!!!! After all you are a P2E user!

Hi Alan

Have our annual AV comp tomorrow, someone bending my ear for an entry to the GR comp, one for East Anglia and doing an evening of my work in my hometown next Wednesday so my "third image" shots are all busily being slotted into new sequences - plus my computer is showing 9kb/sec so doing very little downloading or uploading apart from trying to sort out all my glitches in web sites. Will be an honest unbiased "judge" of the results. :rolleyes:

Anyone from the US who wants to enter the GR comp - I have a Paypal account so could forward the money to Peter (after buying my Lottery tickets - only kidding!)

Looking forward to seeing all these 79 ++++ entries - just hope the chairs are comfortable but not too comfy or I'll fall asleep.......... :D

Never mind Maureen,

We will make a collection at the IPF event and will send food parcels over to the Geoffrey Round to keep ye all alive to the end. :D Hope it's a great success ;)

Alan

There are now 82 entries for the IAC Geoffrey Round International Digital AV Competition, 36 of which have authors from ourside the UK. I have recieved far more than I expected and so we are now having to start the event at 2.00pm on Friday 26th. Cindy's sequence from the USA arrived in the programme via e-mail; it only took 2 minutes to receive her 6+minute Sequence! -- Any wanting tickets should contact me on peter@3-c.coop; it's £10 for all four sessions or £5 for each session for those who have not entered a Sequence. Entrants get in free to all sessions. For more details and information about accommodation vist our web site www.avworld.org

I'll bring a very comfy cushion Peter

Oh and a napkin and plate for the Irish food parcel!

Congratulations on the win today by the way!

I saw a very exciting new PTE sequence :D

on Thursday evening it is 7 minutes long with over 30,ooo images .It's 330 MB :o

and needs a PC with over 3MB processor, lots of ram and fast graphics card. :blink:

Called "Mad World"

It played perfectly on Thursday night :rolleyes: (but did not win our competition).

Not something you'd put up on the web !

Hoping I can persuade the authors to enter it in the Internationals next September so more people can see it.

Robert and I were very impressed with it.

We''ll see what others think !

Looking forward to visiting the Geoffrey Round Comp and meeting other PTE users & even traditional slide/sound AV workers too. :D:D:D

To Contaxman:

Yes, I hope so; the space is small with a probable maximum of about 90. However, from comments so far, I do not expect as many in the audience as on the list of competitors!

The main purpose of the event is to select about 15 of these to show to a bigger IAC audience in Harrogate in April.

If you are likely to be able to attend, know there actually are some superb Sequences and please let me know of that possiblity; then we will try to ensure that you can get in. PTE users are definitely preferred! £10 for all four sessions (82 Sequences) - £5 for single sessions about 20 Sequences. --- Please note that Haworth is a place in which you could make your next epic!

Ian -

Yes I will bring it along.

(PS Will we having advance birthday cake on Friday....???? :D

Got to watch my figure so I'll give up the salad ready for it :P )

Mel & Mark are going to bring it along, show it & talk about it at next RPS Wessex day on April 17th too. :D:rolleyes::D

Tickets will be available at the door (but advance notice appreciated if possible)

Showing Australian AV exchange sequences after AGM at Waves on Saturday

and Llanelli DAVE on Tuesday (off to the green, green grass of home )

....it's a very busy digital AV week ahead,

or should I say month. :D

with GR at the end and Ian in Ireland

(some people will do anything .. or go anywhere ..... to avoid sitting through 82 sequences Peter)

Alan

I will be giving Ian a special parcel for the Irish (no not potatoes or rugby tuition CDs!)

Ken

You are a STAR***** :D:D:D:D:D

Maureen

:( After that abysmal display by my heroes on Saturday, I doubt there's much point in letting the Irish have rugby tutorials from us. Never in all my years of supporting England through thick & thin have I seen such an abject performance. We didn't turn up and seemed clueless. Sir Clive should have used his subs a lot earlier - perhaps it's time to teach a few more players how to throw the ball straight at the lineout. And ban lifting (sorry "supporting") the jumpers.

I'm glad I didn't go with my camera - it would have seized up.