WnSoft Forums

Laptop Monitor....?

goddi

Toshiba has finally come out with a 15.6" laptop (P50-ABT2N22) with the 4th generation processor (Haswell). I don't understand a couple things.

They show the Video specs as follows:

Video:

Display* :15.6" FHD TruBrite® LED Backlit Display (1920 x 1080)

Display Resolution: 16:9 aspect ratio, 1920x1200, Supports 1080p content

I don't understand why there are two different aspect ratios. When I play a PTE show that was created with the 1920x1080 aspect ratio, will it have black bars at the bottom? Or will it be full screen?

Also, I have a choice of a touch-screen or a non-touch screen. Would a touch-screen affect the quality of the show? Are is there no difference?

Thanks... Gary

16:9 = 1920x1080

16:10 = 1920x1200

It cannot be both?

DG

=========================

After 2 dropped calls with Toshiba tech, I tried a 3rd time. We finally figured that their website in incorrect. It is a 1920x1080 display. And, I discovered also that they made a mistake on the graphics card their web site says it comes with. Their web site says it is a 'integrated card graphics card'; but they said it actually comes with an NVidia card (2GB GDDR3 NVIDIA ® GeForce® GT 740M with Optimus).

Good news.

But can anyone tell me if a Touch Screen will degrade the quality of the viewing?

Gary

Having a Touch Screen in and of itself should not affect the quality of viewing beyond sticky finger prints.... Personally, I've never understood why the move away from "pointing devices" to touch screen. Some believe that what really affects viewing quality is whether or not the screen is "anti-reflective." Reflective screens may have deeper blacks and therefore provide more contrast in the right lighting (no ambient light to reflect). I personally prefer displays which do not have anti-reflective surfaces. I don't know whether there are both reflective and non-reflective available in the touch screen versions. I would be inclined to ask...

Best regards,

Lin