WnSoft Forums

Can't run PTE in Windows 7 [Solved]

LumenLux

On a new PC, with Windows 7: PTE latest version installs, but will not play even 3 slide presentation with or without music track. How to do I correct this. All these years I've never had such a "no show" up front in the show building stage.

I guess I should clarify the problem. The normal input screen will accept slides and an audio track. But there is no response when I try to preview either full screen or in the video version. No photo will display, no sound. Screen stays absolutely static, no movement.

Hi Robert,

That's a strange situation. Have you tried installing an earlier version to see if it runs normally? It sounds like something is missing from the installation.

I would uninstall completely via the control panel "Add/Remove Programs" then go to Program Files and erase any trace of a Wnsoft folder if anything remains and re-install the program in the Safe Mode. Also if you are running "any" virus protection software, turn it off. Actually, using the Safe Mode "should" disable anti-virus software.

If that doesn't work, give Igor a complete rundown on the hardware (Video Card type, amount of RAM, CPU type, RAM, etc.). There are hundreds of people running PTE without a problem with Windows 7 so it's definitely something unique to your system. I would be highly suspicious of any anti-virus software.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you Lin for the quick help. In the same time, I had tried Safe Mode, but that apparently leaves out Directx needed by PTE. I had started to search for an old PTE Ver. 4.3. Then something wapped my brain and reminded me that in setting up this new computer, I have been swapping several video cards. The old "business"/workstation card that was currently in, would not work with PTE. The card was doing ok for running videos etc, but lacks something (hardware assist?) needed by PTE. The vid card (Nvidia Quadro xxx) was in the machine when I installed PTE for first time in this pc. So, a quick change of card to a more current GPU, has now set things running as should! Interestingly, the project file saved with the problem graphics card, will still not run with the new graphics card. But any PTE created now with the right GPU, run just dandy. Thanks again for being up too late and coming through with your help. I guess I'll edit the topic now to include "Solved".