WnSoft Forums

Nikon Capture 2.4.4

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

If you bought NX2 in 2007 or before, you may have to provide product keys for all the versions you have. I bought in 2007 & bought an up-graded version a couple of years after, since then all new versions have been free to me. For some reason the last up-grade I did was showing as a trial version, but it was 2.4.3, I've just up-graded to 2.4.4 & had to put in both product keys, with the last one first. When I tried to put in the earlier one first it spat it out. So have your keys ready, last first, that accepts & asks for the earlier one.

Yachtsman1

Trailertrash,

By visiting this address regularly:

https://nikoneurope-...sthelp.com/app/

......you can determine the reason for the upgrade before downloading the installer.

I would advise updating at every opportunity because there are bug fixes with every update, some of which are unlisted, and the software is being improved on each occasion.

There is a fix in this upgrade for a very annoying bug which some have been experiencing in the LCH utility.

There is also an upgrade for VNX2 which, if you are not aware, includes some nice changes/improvements to their Video Editor for Nikon Cameras.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Just upgraded to 2.4.4 and it went without a hitch. No serial numbers required. Done it thro the help tab in Capture.

Don't know if that makes a difference.

Hi TT

How long since you bought the software? I downloaded it via Nikon EU. I have just changed my browser recently to Mozilla Firefox & I am getting lots of different happenings, such as remembering passwords :unsure:/>/> :unsure:/>/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I have just changed my browser recently to Mozilla Firefox & I am getting lots of different happenings, such as remembering passwords :unsure:/>/>/> :unsure:/>/>/>

That's the beauty of modern software. It does things that really help you.

regards,

Peter

Hi TT

How long since you bought the software? I downloaded it via Nikon EU. I have just changed my browser recently to Mozilla Firefox & I am getting lots of different happenings, such as remembering passwords :unsure:/>/>/> :unsure:/>/>/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I cant actually remember but I think its newer than 2007.

Maybe they're just trying to annoy folks with an older version into buying a new one.... :)

Trailertrash,

By visiting this address regularly:

https://nikoneurope-...sthelp.com/app/

......you can determine the reason for the upgrade before downloading the installer.

I would advise updating at every opportunity because there are bug fixes with every update, some of which are unlisted, and the software is being improved on each occasion.

There is a fix in this upgrade for a very annoying bug which some have been experiencing in the LCH utility.

There is also an upgrade for VNX2 which, if you are not aware, includes some nice changes/improvements to their Video Editor for Nikon Cameras.

DG

Thanks Dave. I have the newest version of that one according tho the proggie this morning. I have to admit I have no idea what half of it does. Must be age or fear. :)

Guest Yachtsman1

That's the beauty of modern software. It does things that really help you.

regards,

Peter

Not sure about that Peter, it must have crashed locked up & done allsorts of things I'm not expecting at least 50 times in 2 weeks. I'm still not at the bottom of the problems with my PC since returning from holiday, may have to eventually take it to the doctor. The original builder is no longer on the map. Just seen a news flash about Adobe & there data being stolen, see http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2298745/adobe-cyber-attack-29-million-customers-private-data-stolen

I'll post this in the software section as well to make sure it's read.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.