WnSoft Forums

Main image rotated 90 degrees

aplman

I have a very strange problem.

From my latest travels, I have made several PTE shows in 16 by 9 format. Each show starts with title slide consisting of text over a 1920x1080 main image which is a pale grey-scale converted from a colour original (using Irfanview).

Generally they work nicely ... but one particular image shows up rotated by 90 degrees in the mini-viewer, in the slide list, and in the published show.

I've regenerated the image but still get the same result. The offending image displays properly in other software.

Might anyone have observed a quirk like this?

Thank you ...

Ken T (APLman)

Ken,

Go into the Slides view, select that slide and right click it. In the right-click menu you have options to rotate in either direction. I would suspect that somewhere along the lines you have previously rotated that slide in this manner.

Alternatively, use your photo editor software to prepare a new version of that image rotated such that PTE's rotation puts it back the right way. ;)

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

I have a very strange problem.

From my latest travels, I have made several PTE shows in 16 by 9 format. Each show starts with title slide consisting of text over a 1920x1080 main image which is a pale grey-scale converted from a colour original (using Irfanview).

Generally they work nicely ... but one particular image shows up rotated by 90 degrees in the mini-viewer, in the slide list, and in the published show.

I've regenerated the image but still get the same result. The offending image displays properly in other software.

Might anyone have observed a quirk like this?

Thank you ...

Ken T (APLman)

Maybe it's the Australia syndrome, like the water going down the bath tub the opposite direction :unsure:/> :unsure:/> :unsure:/>

Only joking. ;)/>

Yachtsman1.

Ken, I had same problem with a project and with an old beta.

I am wondering if my PC didn't crash before the problem occured (and corrupted the PTE file ?).

If you try to replace the image concerned with an other one (using the little folder icon), what happens ?

In my case, the problem remained.

What is the name of the image used ?

In my case, the image was called "4.jpg" and I could fix the problem renaming it.

Ken,

You may want to check the folder where the image is located for a hidden text file named WnSoftFolderInfo2.ini (make sure your OS can see hidden files ... otherwise you may not be able to see it.)

This hidden INI text file is instructions for how to rotate the image as per your selection. Its possible this hidden file is your issue ... especially when you exchange images using the same file name with previously made templates etc.

*Rename the WnSoftFolderInfo2.ini temporarily and verify that the image rotation has been removed (make sure to restart project).

*Its possible there is several images listed within the WnSoftFolderInfo2.ini if you have previously rotated multiple images.

*You can delete the WnSoftFolderInfo2.ini if the image name listed is the only the offending image name giving you the issue. Otherwise you will have to just edit out the single offending image name so the rest of the listed content remains intact.

Ken,

You may want to check the folder where the image is located for a hidden text file named WnSoftFolderInfo2.ini

... ... ...

Grateful thanks to all who replied (and so quickly!), but especially to Stu. You hit the nail right on the head!!! I removed that nasty WnSoftFolderInfo file, I the "offending" image is now in the clear.

Regards ...

Ken T (APLman)