WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #9

Igor

Igor,

A question and a suggestion.

Do we still need to edit APR.INI to add opt_fastFade=1 with beta 9?

I'd consider adding a fix for using the arrow keys during the playing of a show to 4.20 before it is officially released. As it is now, the arrow keys work, but since using them doesn't also pause the show, it's very jumpy and pretty unpredictable when you hit the left arrow key a number of times.

You'll know best how to fix it.

Harold

Do we still need to edit APR.INI to add opt_fastFade=1 with beta 9?

Yes, I'll turn on it by default in the first beta of the next version.

Harold,

Did you mean synchronized mode with choosed "Permit the control of show" option? I tried with my slide-show and pressed Left and Right buttons many times and within several seconds all requested slides were shown and no problem with correct synchronization of slides and music. Let me know please, if I didn't understand your question rightly.

Did you mean synchronized mode with choosed "Permit the control of show" option? I tried with my slide-show and pressed Left and Right buttons many times and within several seconds all requested slides were shown and no problem with correct synchronization of slides and music. Let me know please, if I didn't understand your question rightly.

Yes, I meant synchronized mode with the "Permit the control of show" option.

There was a thread on this a while ago. Now, when you hit the left button repeatedly, for example, it DOES go backward successfully. But since it apparently also tries to go forward after going backward, it seems to go backward for a slide, then start going forward, then go backward again, etc. It ends up working but looking terrible. In addition, if I want to go back exactly ten slides, for example, it becomes confusing to know exactly where PTE is up to in repositioning.

The previous thread suggested that when you hit the left or right key, the PTE show should also go into pause mode, which would allow me to go back or forth to EXACTLY wherever I want to go to, and then I should be able to press the space bar (or the mouse button, if appropriately specified in Project Options) to resume the show.

Harold

Guest Techman1

Ken,

At the bottom of Igor's new release message for 4.20, he states the following:

"p.s. please don't forget to check up for presence of opt_FastFade=1 string (in the apr.ini file after pte_SoundInitDir= string), because this option will be turned on by default only in the next version automatically. This option will make Fade effect in two-three times more smooth especially on old PCs. Before editing of apr.ini file please close all copies of PTE."

He is planning on putting this in as a default in the next version (4.30 I believe).

Regards,

Fred

Yesterday I installed the new (non-beta) version 4.20 and checked apr.ini to see if I needed to add those two lines (FastFade and SmoothFade) -- they were in the apr.ini file that had installed (either that, or the installation didn't over-write the earlier apr.ini which I'd edited). So unless I'm mistaken, Igor has already implemented this change as a default in 4.20.

I just downloaded v4.20 and did a little test. Seems that when I add opt_fastFade=1 ánd opt_SmoothFade=1 , the transitions get worse. They are flickering. I have an AMD 1500xp system and Windows XP pro. But when I leave out the option SmoothFade, the transitions are like they are meant to be. Very, very smooth.

Seems to me that adding the option SmoothFade to the ini file at least in my case is overkill.

I am very content with the option fastFade though. I compared this with an earlier version and a show made in the earlier version. Transitions are significantly better.

Didn't think that was possible, because I thought the toplevel of quality was reached ;)

Thank you Igor, I'll keep up advertising your software to all my friends!

Marianne

they were in the apr.ini file that had installed (either that, or the installation didn't over-write the earlier apr.ini

Ed

I have been informed if you overinstall the existing ini doesn't change --so your modified one would stay by design --

I install each version to a separate directory for back checking features.

Marianne

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=1682

thread for specific settings recommended by Igor

ken