WnSoft Forums

Dual Monitors

clarkstudios

Hi,

As a default with dual monitor the desktop is extended to te second monitor, PTE always shows on the first monitor. If you want both monitors to show the same screen you should use the clone option. I use the Matrox card, so maybe with other cards the name will be different.

Anyway, you can reach these settings by rightclicking on your desktop, choose the tab settings and then advanced. If you have installed the drivers of you graphic card there should show up something to change the settings of the dual option.

Marianne

I have used a dual monitor setup in my portrait salesroom for about 3 years. P2E has been a major part of it for the past couple years. There are several ways to do what you want to do. If you are running XP you can simply switch the primary and secondary monitors in the settings tab of the Display section of the control panel and switch back when done. Another way is to use a program called UltraMon. This will allow you to start a slide show on the secondary monitor from the primary monitor with a desktop shortcut. I have done this for years. UltraMon will also let you mirror your primary or secondary monitor, change taskbar from one to another and a bunch of other things. You can download it at: www.realtimesoft.com

• 6 months later...

There's always a workaround for most problems, and that's what I think you all suggest. I would like a more standarized solution to this.

I don't think it would be too complicated to make a parameter in the P2E project-setting, telling that the show should go to primary or secondary monitor. It should naturally oversee a choice of the secondary monitor if only the primary was defined in the XP settings. Several other programs I work with, has this feature, f.i. Powerpoint and EasyWorship

When that's said........ . . I don't want to critisize the developers of P2E. They're doing a great job serving us with a fantastic program, and they obviousily get loads of good suggestions for things to do and the prioritation must be hard.

regards from

Kjell Roar

I thought about this moment many times, but personally I don't love message which will ask about necessary monitor. Almost always probably it better to run slide-show on the main monitor, but when it's necessary to show it on a LCD projector it can be enough to assign second video output output (projector) as main monitor, or use special utility (thanks to your advice, Shooter!).