WnSoft Forums

Waveform position indicator not zeroing.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I've just been trying to improve the timed points co-ordination in my Christmas AV & got in a right mess as the method I used to use (dragging the flags in the timeline view) doesn't seem to work as it did before, could it be something to do with the waveform indicator not zeroing. The preview sound works ok but the sound in the timeline view is starting a couple of bars into the track, which corresponds to the first transition. I have "keep full slide duration" unticked & synchronise soundtrack & slides ticked which is my previous method.

Yachtsman1.

PS I've also just noticed the point Garry was on about some time ago about the correct folder in the file tree not being displayed. I think this may relate to closing the show after making a mess & not saving the changes, for obvious reasons. For some reason it has also lost the correct folder relationship :unsure:/>/>

post-5560-0-09834000-1386949604_thumb.jp

If you right click that first audio file and take Customize Audio Clip, what values are in the Start time and Offset fields? Are they, by any chance, non-zero? For the piece to start from its beginning at time zero they both must be zero value. If both are already zero then, if you delete that audio clip and drop in a fresh copy, does that resolve your problem?

To do the replace in this particular instance I would drag that existing piece down to a new track and mute that new track, then drag the fresh copy into the empty hole in the existing track.

Also, remember that PTE maintains a history stack of the changes you have made. You can always, whilst that same instance of PTE is open, Undo (toolbar icon or Ctrl+Z) each and every change you have made during that session.

regards,

Guest Yachtsman1

If you right click that first audio file and take Customize Audio Clip, what values are in the Start time and Offset fields? Are they, by any chance, non-zero? For the piece to start from its beginning at time zero they both must be zero value. If both are already zero then, if you delete that audio clip and drop in a fresh copy, does that resolve your problem?

To do the replace in this particular instance I would drag that existing piece down to a new track and mute that new track, then drag the fresh copy into the empty hole in the existing track.

Also, remember that PTE maintains a history stack of the changes you have made. You can always, whilst that same instance of PTE is open, Undo (toolbar icon or Ctrl+Z) each and every change you have made during that session.

regards,

As I said in the original post, the sound starts correctly in preview, & everything else apart from the miniplayer, where it starts after the first transition. All the settings are zero, see screen shot.

Tried dragging a duplicate track below the original & the mini player sound starts after the first transition as previously.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-11220000-1386953627_thumb.jp

... apart from the miniplayer, where it starts after the first transition ...

That's quite normal. When highlighting a slide, the cursor jumps to the end of the transition. This is the position where you start to see this slide without any part of the previous one. If it would go to the start of the transition, you would see (in most cases) the previous slide.

jt

Guest Yachtsman1

That's quite normal. When highlighting a slide, the cursor jumps to the end of the transition. This is the position where you start to see this slide without any part of the previous one. If it would go to the start of the transition, you would see (in most cases) the previous slide.

jt

If that is the case, it's very misleading in my example where the miniplayer is being activated from the beginning of the show which is a blank slide anyway. Surely the minplayer should represent the whole content?

Yachtsman1 :blink:/>

...the mini player sound starts after the first transition as previously.

Are you resetting the mini-player to time zero (by clicking on the time field to the left of the mini-player slider) before clicking the Play button? This will automatically reset the selected slide to the first.

regards,

Guest Yachtsman1

You can also drag the indicator to the zero position, but to anyone new to the programme would, in my opinion expect when highlighting the start slide the programme would start from the beginning, not from the end of the first transition?

Yachtsman1.