WnSoft Forums

Size matters

Ronniebootwest

I always used to post my videos to Utube/Vimeo as small flash files but now I want to publish to those sites by using the option in PTE.

Is there any size restrictions for the video size or can I use the full HD size of 1920 x 1080.

Can someone suggest the correct settings that I should use please.

Hi Ron,

Just take the PTE defaults and you can publish to YouTube at full HD 1920x1080. Keep in mind, however, that many 1080p Youtube presentations do not play as smoothly as one might like. This is likely due to download issues and not system resources. After upgrading my computer to absolutely top-end specs, I find that most of my HD YouTube uploads still do not play anywhere nearly as smoothly as the MP4's on the system directly. I get better results with 720p than with 1080p myself.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the info Lin,

I did a quick test with a small pte show and uploaded to Utube using the 1080 size and it seemed to play perfect.

However, after reading your comments, I will upload again using the 720 option and, if the quality is not reduced, I will use that size in future.

I assume that Utube will downsize the video if necessary.

I am currently appraising the Adobe Muse Video designer program because it will allow me to embed utube video code in my web site. This will be much better that using my old Flash method I think.

Hi Lin,

I can't see any difference in quality by using the 720 option.

I guess that is what I will use from now on.

Have a look at the video in Utube and let me know what you think.

You will find it under my name (ronniebootwest)

Regards,

Ron.

Hi Ron,

Looks fine .... I like the old steam vehicle .... The zoom was smooth and the images of the cars excellent. As long as you don't have any complex animation I think you could use either 720p or 1080p and would get good results with either. It's when you get some complex animations which seem to break down with 1080p - at least that's been my experience.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I can't see any difference in quality by using the 720 option.

I guess that is what I will use from now on.

Have a look at the video in Utube and let me know what you think.

You will find it under my name (ronniebootwest)

Regards,

Ron.

Ron, I just ditto Lin's experience with PTE to Youtube. I still tend to "decide" with each upload, whether the viewer likely will have better experience with 720 or 1080. I'm also suspicious that "most" (?) viewers end up watching at the "auto" size that Youtube assesses the viewing pc to be able to handle. Problem is, currently, that default does not likely give the best quality available from which ever you have carefully chosen and uploaded. :rolleyes: