WnSoft Forums

Archive of yachtsman1 shows

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I got the idea for this show from a member of a camera club forum I visit. The originator was asking specific PTE questions, hopefully I was able to help. The show similar to my "Vincent" show & is based around the poem by I believe Carson Robison & tells of a period in his life. I selected images from the internet to correspond to those periods & hopefully generate some amusement. The images were added to a video clip that runs the length of the show, try to make sure these images appear as & when they should, being able to expand the timeline in the O&A screen would make this a breeze.

Mechanics

98mb Mediafire zipped download, 4m 40s run time, 42 PNG & 3 GIF slides, 1 video clip, 1 music track, 1 VO. 16-9 aspect ratio, 1920x1080 slide size fixed. I know it isn't perfect, it would be "tedious" if everything was B)/>/>/>

https://www.mediafire.com/?6aoextw1kgdz8sp

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-58166100-1389280685_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I was looking around for something to do & as it's the 100th anniversary of the start of the first world war this year, & I hadn't uploaded my corrected version of Wilfred Owen's War, I thought I'd correct it & re-load it on YT, could I find it? could I heck, I had the exe but the project file must have been deleted when I cleared out my old PC :(/>/>

So yesterday I set to making a new version. This one relies heavily on YT videos with not so many stills. All the video edits & conversions to mono were done in PTE, audio in Audacity

Mechanics, 150MB Mediafire download,12.5m run time, 16-9 ar etc etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/65znrzijyzf15ip/wilfred%20owen.zip

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-02684000-1389550837_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-20430100-1389550853_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-00894300-1389550868_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-79163100-1389550885_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I was searching for another amusing poem to create an AV show from & came across this one. It has taken 2 days to put it together & is good practice for trying to synchronise sound & pictures when using a video background image. I made it to amuse my audience at our public shows, I hope you will find it amusing.

Mechanics

60MB Mediafire download, or a live stream from Youtube. The Youtube version is for my Hudle tablet, not a full sized AVI file to keep the upload size down. 3 identical video clips for the background, 60+ PNG slides, 6 normal slides, 4 GIF slides, 2 from my archives, the rest from the net. 6.5 minute run time, 1 music track & 1 voice over. 16-9 aspect ratio, slide size fixed at 1920x1080 pixels.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3rkb63kayxo9c01

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-47402600-1390233711_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I was again looking around for a subject for an "amusing" AV show & came across a monologue by Marriott Edgar called THE BATTLE OF HASTINGS. To give my audience a rest from my voice I looked on Youtube & found a couple of versions, one by Stanley Holloway, which unfortunately wasn't clear, so I chose the one by Tom Baker (don't know if it's the Baker of Doctor Who fame?). I didn't use a video backing on this one just PTE gray slides.

Mechanics.

Mediafire 16mb download, 4.5m run time. 45 slides, a couple of animated Gifs, 2 music tracks & the VO. Hope you will find it amusing.

Mediafire for those who want to download http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzj06kbbt58m7i7/The%20Battle%20of%20Hastings.zip

And Youtube for those who want a quick look.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-01312100-1390569922_thumb.jp

I was again looking around for a subject for an "amusing" AV show & came across a monologue by Marriott Edgar called THE BATTLE OF HASTINGS. To give my audience a rest from my voice I looked on Youtube & found a couple of versions, one by Stanley Holloway, which unfortunately wasn't clear, so I chose the one by Tom Baker (don't know if it's the Baker of Doctor Who fame?). I didn't use a video backing on this one just PTE gray slides.

Mechanics.

Mediafire 16mb download, 4.5m run time. 45 slides, a couple of animated Gifs, 2 music tracks & the VO. Hope you will find it amusing.

Mediafire for those who want to download http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzj06kbbt58m7i7/The%20Battle%20of%20Hastings.zip

And Youtube for those who want a quick look.

Yachtsman1.

Hello Eric

Very good show well put together also commentary very good, Thanks for sharing.

Colin

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks TT, just booked a cottage in Kent, place called Preston, looking forward to some good photography in an area we've never been.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :)/>

Guest Yachtsman1

I won't give the game away by saying too much. Got this idea from a show posted last year which had a section with this theme. & a monologue from the net. Had a little co-operation from my wife for the VO. It's only 2.5 minutes, one of the shortest shows I've made, with around 10 slides. The music was a free Classic FM track they were offering yesterday, which just happened to fit the theme. It's not on Mediafire for downloading, I tried to upload to both sites at the same time, but Mediafire froze & doesn't seem to want to go in now. Will re-start the PC & try later.

Yachtsman1.

Youtube for a streamed look. Link

Guest Yachtsman1

Another of my series of "comical" AV shows, (I think they are :P/> ) 3.5 minutes, as there wasn't any interest in a Mediafire download with the last one, it is just on Youtube, with the consequential degradation in quality. VO by the well loved late Brian Cant. It has been produced in the tablet section of PTE to keep the file size down, the exe is 30MB the video upload to Youtube 40MB.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

On Slideshow Club there is a link to this forum, is it possible to have one on here to them, or is that something else I've missed? :unsure:/>

Yachtsman1.

The link has been pinned since it was first created - just click here:

http://www.picturest...l-announcement/

Lin

=============================

Yes, but I thought it would be nice above the Forum listings window, and just below the View New Contents row.

A bit more prominent so you would see it no matter which screen you are in.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

=============================

Yes, but I thought it would be nice above the Forum listings window, and just below the View New Contents row.

A bit more prominent so you would see it no matter which screen you are in.

Gary

Agreed Gary

Any forum newcomers wouldn't know it was there & would have to search for it once they were aware of it, as for irregular users from the forum, they would forget where it was. It's not supposed to be some exclusive club is it? :unsure:/>/>, or is it another case of "I didn't think of it so ,no!" :(/>

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

This is my take on another monologue from Walter Stanford. This is a parody on Fred Dibnah who I first came across when I worked at a company in Bolton Lancashire. Just down the road from the office lived Fred, who had a pretty flamboyant reputation as a flyer against convention & often passed our office driving a 19th century steam engine at top speed, with fire and smoke belching from the chimney. When he started to appear on TV, I followed his antics, sadly in 2004 he passed away with prostrate cancer. However, before he died, he was awarded the MBE medal for his services to the country & the town recognised this by raising a statue of him in the now city square. The show is 7 minutes long, has some video clips, a voice over & some dodgy animation. It is intended to entertain the audience at our AV nights. the download is 44MB on SSC, when approved & 100MB on Youtube or you can stream it live with reduced quality.

I just remembered, this is the second show dedicated to him which you can find on my database, it's called "The Hunton Steam Fair, part 1".

http://www.slideshow...-show-database/

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/89-told-by-the-steeplejack/

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Found another comic poem I hadn't heard before, about a cat that went to Wimbledon to see his relatives. It's on Youtube & awaiting approval on Slideshow Club. All internet images & sounds, voice over, sound effects. 15MB on SSC & 41 on YT, 2 minutes run time. YT quality ruins the scrolling text even if downloaded.

Yachtsman1.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/90-the-cat-that-went-to-wimbledon/

Guest Yachtsman1

It's funny how an idea for a show comes up from the most unexpected sources sometimes. That's the case with Bomber's Moon, I was researching comedy shows for a forthcoming Comedy AV night, and was looking at Mike Harding's material. If you've never heard of Mike, he was once known as the Rochdale Cowboy & I have seen his show live a couple of times & find him very funny. He does have a serious side though, his song Bomber's Moon came about due to his late father dying on the way back from a WW2 bombing raid.

My take on this is,- besides 2014 being the100th anniversary of the start of WW1, it is also the 70th anniversary of the controversial last mass allied bombing raid in October 1944, when 1,338 bombers and 811 fighters set out to try to bring the war to an early conclusion. The show itself contains Mike's poignant song, a video background, with 25 PNG images. It's 6.5 minutes & due to the video 110MB.

Yachtsman1.

Slideshow Club (when approved).

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/91-bombers-moon/

post-5560-0-11932900-1393324311_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-85890000-1393324328_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-79872700-1393324356_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-97353100-1393324378_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-77421100-1393324395_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

This show is based around another of the songs sung by Mike Harding. It has a particular significance to me as my Dad was born in Accrington & served as a boy soldier in WW1 from 1915 until he was wounded & invalided out of the army.

The show revolves around the song and the subject the Accrington Pals.

In August 1914, during the early days of the First World War, the British Government was hurriedly seeking volunteers to join the armed forces to fight in the fields of Europe. It was suggested by the Government, that men would enlist in this volunteer army more willingly if they could fight alongside their friends and colleagues from their home towns - the concept of the 'Pals' battalion was born.

At 07:30 on July 1 1916, 720 men, the fighting strength of the Accrington Pals, left their trenches and advanced across no man's land towards the village of Serre, only to be met by a hail of machine gun and rifle fire from the German trenches. When the roll was called by RSM Stanworth that evening, less than one hundred men answered their names.

This is a 5 minute show of internet images 35MB on Slideshow Club.

Yachtsman1.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/94-the-accrington-pals/