WnSoft Forums

Problem with Animation over Blur

gogs

Hi

I have just noticed a problem using a simple animation of a slide over a blurred slide.

Just discovered this when I was revising an old slide show. So I tried it again using version 8.01 with one background image and another moving across the top of it.

In Objects and Animation I have 1 main slide (landscape format) and I bring another (portrait format) in over the top from off screen.

Everything is OK but if I apply a blur to the background image the slide coming in shimmers. This happens at any level of blur positive and negative.

When I turn the blur off again animation is OK nice and smooth.

Using: Windows 7 64bit

8Gb RAM

Intel i3 processor

Nvidia GeForce G210 512Mb

Resolution 1920 x 1080 60Hertz

Gogs

Its very likely to be the Moire effect.

Select your inset image and go to the Objects and Animations screen and select the properties tab. There you will find a slider caller sharper/smoother. Make the inset image smoother and it will probably smooth out the effect.

An alternative is to make the inset image the actual size you intend to use it. If you start with a larger file and reduce the size in PTE, this can often trigger the Moire effect.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just tried this & didn't find any shimmering. I've uploaded it to Youtube, & streamed it judders, but downloaded it runs almost as good as the exe. My system W7 Professional 64bit, 16gb ram, graphics card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready. Base image JPEG 353KB 1920x1080 pixels, animated image 2.14mb png, 1723 x 1070 pixels

Yachtsman1

Thanks Guys.

Yachtsman, I played you little video clip looks smooth, if I can get that effect I will be happy.

Barry, I will try with the sharper/smoother option and see if it cures the effect for me.

Gogs

Hi Barry

I tried the sharper/smoother settings and it didn't really help.

However I have now noticed that the shimmer/shudder effect only happens in the O&A Screen when on full screen on my computer.

If I play in the mini window it is OK so I tried reducing the size of the window when in O&A and it is also Ok no shimmer or shudder.

Must be something to do screen resolution or something. Anyway I can live with it if it is only in O&A screen and does not appear in finished slideshows.

Gogs

It happens in the Objects and Animation screen, because usually you're watching the preview at 75 or 50% and that will make the moire effect worse.

You need to make any animated images that you want to place over the blurred background no bigger than they really need to be. Then the smoother/sharper option will have an effect. The real test is what shows when you view the slide show at full size

Hi Igor

Thanks for having a look at this.

Problem doesn't show in mini player window or in full screen preview, so I can live with it at the moment. Will probably invest in a new graphics card sometime.

Barry

Thanks for comments as well.

Gogs