WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) A Problem with Video

Barry Beckham

I wonder if I have found a bug.

I was placing two inset videos over the top of a full screen video and the object of the exercise was planning the video lengths to ensure the final file size was no bigger than necessary. I am working with full slide duration.

The full screen background video was planned to be 18 seconds in length and that was optimized by PTE. So the full slide duration was also set at 18s

The inset images were trimmed via PTE to be 12 seconds in length, reduced in resolution to 960*540 and optimized.

The first keyframe for the inset videos was set at 7s into my total 18s of time. They were both set to take 3s to fade on screen, which takes them to keyframe time 10s.

Subtracting 7s (their starting point) from 18s suggests that as long as the inset videos were 11 seconds or longer they would play right to the end of the full slide duration.

They are 12 seconds in length, but they will not play in full and stop well short of the end of the 18s time. To get the two inset images to continue until the end of the 18s keyframe time I had to make them 18s in length.

Using a keyframe to mark the position when the videos stop, seems to indicate they are stopping at the 12 second point along the keyframe. Well before they should and well before the fade out to the next image.

I have uploaded a short zipped file of the problem.

https://www.mediafir...sbabb7biz40lvhc

Artem

Well that was a surprise. I was treating the videos like a still image which is what I use most of the time and the offset never occurred to me as a solution. However, now you have put me right and I stop and think things through, I can see the logic. Video really is a whole new ball game isn't it.

There is the answer from Artem

This is not a bug. You just need to delay the start of two smaller video clips. By default they start at the beginning of a slide. Select the video in O&A editor, and set 'Offset' parameter to 7 seconds.

Clear concise and fully understood. Thank you Artem

End........................

Mountain out of a molehill comes to mind sometimes on this forum.