WnSoft Forums

Just a fun thing I did for an artist friend named Lisah. Thanks to Jean-Ciprien and Dave Gee for great "styles" to play with and to Kevin MacLeod for intriguing music that "fit" the mood perfectly.

http://www.lin-evans.org/demo/kalide.zip (zipped Windows web safe exe & data) 63 meg

http://www.lin-evans.org/demo/kalidemac.zip (zipped native MacIntosh exe archive) 63 meg

Lin

Hypnotizing at the start. Nice art work

Nicely produced presentation as well - how you do these I don't know, but keep 'em up

Music was well chosen

PS: the downloading of the files just flew, unlike other times

Hi Jim,

Thanks! Actually, this one was more or less a demo of three "styles" which contain all the necessary code to nearly instantly create the effect. Jean Cyprien (French) created and gave PTE users the rubrik's cube style I used for the cube. All the user need to do is download and install the "rubrik's cube" style then create with their favorite editor six square images of about 600x600 pixel dimensions. Then choose a background slide of 1920x1080 pixel HD dimensions and place all seven in the slide list with the first being the HD background slides. All slides must be checked as "main object" in the Properties Tab of the Objects and Animations screen. Then select all seven slides and simply apply the style and wait for a bit and the style will create all the code and place your six square images on the six sides of the cube. For David's Icosahedron style, 20 images are used and it really doesn't matter about aspect ratio. Just select all 20 and apply the style and it created a rotating Icosahedron. You can choose the top level frame and make the isocahedron larger or smaller as well as apply desired effects such as smooth for the rotation. Jean Cyprien also created the great Kaleidoscope style which he has demonstrated on the French Diapositif forum and which I used for the psychedelic kaleidoscopic opening. A single selected slide is used for this and the style is simply applied.

In all, there are many, many new and exciting styles being created and contributed by users which allow even those who have yet to digest the inner working of PTE to make exciting animations to spice up their shows if desired. The future is very bright for PTE I think!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin

Sounds so easy.... :)

Hi Jim,

Actually, it's not difficult - just sometimes a little complex, but when you break it all down it's relatively straight-forward.

I made a couple minor changes/additions to the show to make the appearance of the artist more "mysterious" - uploaded on the same link...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Claudio,

Thanks! The opening title consists of a small RGBA alpha channel video I created using ParticleIllusions (the flaming asteroid) which apparently passes through it's own layer and through the text (the text consists of two layers - one a traditional text and the other text used as a mask). The flaming text uses the text as a mask and another small avi video I created also with ParticleIllusions. As the flaming asteroid reaches the text on the layer beneath (you can see the text in front of the flames) the opacity of the mask is switched off and a duplicate effect running in the layer above the text which had zero opacity is switched on. The effect is that the flaming asteroid passes through the text from behind to the front.

The great mirror and rubick's cube effect was done by Jean Cyprien from the French forum and given to the users of PTE as a style. The two instances of the Kaleidoscope effect were also programmed by Jean Cyprien and saved as a style which he shared on the French Forum Diapositif. The icosahedron style was created by David Gee and shared here on the English speaking PTE forum. Later in the show the use of masking was implemented to show and remove the face masks from the artist Lisa and her Chihuahua puppy.

It was just a fun project to test using these great styles in a little show.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the explanation Lin.

I have another question.

I tried to make a tetrahedron, but I failed!

One of the problem is also relevant to how to set up precise geometric figures like equilateral triamgle, or for othe applications precise hexagon.

Is Photoshop best suited for that?

Thanks for your help

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

I haven't tried to do that so I'm probably not the best source for how to proceed, but I would think that any good image editor such as PhotoShop could help. A tetrahedron is composed of four equilateral triangles which can be constructed by drawing two straight lines connecting the opposite corners of a square. So, if you can use the software to crop to a square image and also to draw straight lines, you should be able to get the proper geometric components to work with.

You may want to ask David Gee about this. I think he was working with similar geometry when he developed his icosahedron style.

Bests regards,

Lin

Thanks for the explanation Lin.

I have another question.

I tried to make a tetrahedron, but I failed!

One of the problem is also relevant to how to set up precise geometric figures like equilateral triamgle, or for othe applications precise hexagon.

Is Photoshop best suited for that?

Thanks for your help

Claudio

PS is adequate for the job.

TETRA.zip

DG

Sorry to bother you again Dave.

I can easily donwload TETRA.ptestyle, but when I click on it I can only open it (which seems not possible) or perform other normal functions; I do not see any possibility to "save as" according to your suggestion

May be I did not understand what you mean.

Thanks for your help

Saluti

Claudio