WnSoft Forums

a little help

bogari0171

A couple of ways:

A frame which is added in PTE is a Zero Opacity Rectangle.

You could add a Coloured Rectangle in O&A instead of a Frame?

OR.......

In your Image Editor make a Transparent Image with a small (3 pixel) Stroke Line - save as a PNG File to your Project Folder.

The Opacity of the PNG can then be made Zero when you no longer need the line.

DG

Hi Claudio,

There is. As Dave suggests, just use a rectangle and choose the color. When you are finished with needing the opacity, set the opacity to zero.

Frames are just invisible rectangles. Keep in mind that virtually any object can be used as a mechanism for controlling child objects. For example, by using a PNG object as a child of itself and controlling opacity through time, it's possible to achieve some otherwise difficult or impossible effects.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin
the reason I was curious to know if there was or an automatic way is because I noticed a little problem (I am still working to try to understand it)

When working with moving cubes or other figures, if I use several child levels, in order to change and/or dissolve images of the different faces , I noticed sometimes a slight misalignement (or size change) as an end result. (I am normally working with 600x600 pixel images)

So, in principle I was a little bit reluctant to use child levels, unless real necessary.

Thanks again

Saluti

Claudio

Thanks Lin

the reason I was curious to know if there was or an automatic way is because I noticed a little problem (I am still working to try to understand it)

When working with moving cubes or other figures, if I use several child levels, in order to change and/or dissolve images of the different faces , I noticed sometimes a slight misalignement (or size change) as an end result. (I am normally working with 600x600 pixel images)

So, in principle I was a little bit reluctant to use child levels, unless real necessary.

Thanks again

Saluti

Claudio

Claudio can you post a single slide Backup In Zip where this problem occurs??

DG

post-7416-0-92873900-1395676990_thumb.jp

Dave ,

this is a picture of what I get (I am probably doing something wrong!)

The "three image on white" background is child of a PNG three image on trasparent background

The idea is to dissolve the opacity in order to show the PNG image.

If I use either the PNG image or the jpeg three image on white, they work fine; with this child scheme the image is slightly bigger

I hope you can see it

Thanks

Saluti

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Yes, I can see what you mean in that screengrab. The "three dot" face is slightly larger than the rest of the cube. That means that one of your objects isn't set to the same, or corresponding) value as some other object. That might be a different zoom value, or a different size of original image file. By size I mean in terms of pixels wide and high.

If you are using PTE's own Frame objects to build the cube, I would change that approach. A PTE Frame is, by default, a rectangle.You say you are working with 600x600 pixel objects (using squares to build a cube). If I was building this, I would create a 600x600 pixel mid-grey JPEG image and use that as the object for my frames. Whenever I want to see where exactly any frame is, I can then simply bring its opacity up enough to see it.

regards,

Peter

Thanks to all for your help.

I am still a little bit confused because I have already used this method and it did work.

This time I checked carefully all the data of each image (600x600pixel, 300 pix/inch) and I see that the procedure is ripetitive ( in the sense that I get the same result)

I tried to set the problem reducing the size of that particular image (from 100 to 98.5%) to fit with the other faces and it seems to work

I appreciate the suggestion for alternative solutions, which seem very interesting, nevertheless I am curious and I I will continue to try to understand the reasons for the inconsistency in this particular case. May be I am still doing somethig wrong, but if I find the reason I will let you know

Saluti

Claudio