WnSoft Forums

help needed for split screen slide show

ficose

I have taken two sets of photos from different angles and wish to run a split screen time lapse slide show with the two sets synchronised. I have only just downloaded PTE and cannot find how to display 2 images side by side. To synchronise the two views I assume I need 2 time lines as well. Can some one point me in the right direction

Add a Blank Slide to the slide list - Right Click menu.

Go to Objects and Animation.

Using the Add Image Icon - Top Left - add the two images and resize them to suit.

You will have to do this for every slide - it is going to be a little tedious (dependiong on the number of slides in the Time Lapse).

Alternatively, drag the "Left hand Side Images" into the Slide List - Click on first & Shift Click on last - drag.

Then enter O&A resize the first bunch and add the second set (one at a time).

There is only ONE Slide List but you can have multiple Audio Tracks.

More help here:

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/objects-and-animation/main

and here:

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/techniques/main

DG

In addition to what David had explained, there will be no need to synchronize the separate images because they will share the identical slide time and each, as separate objects in the same frame, are automatically assigned a start time which corresponds. Though each object has its own "timeline" they (the timelines) are not visible simultaneously, but become visible for each object when you click on the specific object.

I believe that doing as david suggests by adding all photos from the first view by sequential selection (click on the first, hold down the keyboard shift key and click on the last and drag the set) is the ideal way to proceed. Then go to the Objects and Animations screen and select the first image which has been loaded to the slide list, right click and add the first image of the second set. This makes the second view image a "child" of the first view. This way when you get the first set of images adjusted to the desired position on the screen you can use the pan and zoom numbers associated with it to copy and paste for all subsequent sets. Also should you decide to later adjust the size or position, the second image of the pair will always be subservient to and linked to the first and will move or resize in concert with the master image.

Continue as above until each of the second set is loaded.

Best regards,

Lin

Dave and Lin have more experience than I but then I really enjoy the how do I ...? problems. There are so many variations on how to do something with PTE. Here is a style that might help. Just put the slides in order and select multiple of 2 slides. Of course I could be way off from understanding what you are trying to accomplish. Dave is the style guru.

16:9 format. You might have to create your own style based on source image sizes.

SplitScreen.ptestyle

Tom

Tom,

I imagine that there are a LOT of slides and they would have to be arranged alternately before you start. That's a lot of work in itself.

However your Style idea is easier than the O and A option.

Drag set 1 slide 1 and set 2 slide 1 down - apply the style etc.

It is still likely to be a LONG job!!

I suppose you could make a style which would handle 20 or so at a time in the right order?

DG

Another possibility:

Add set one to a project taking care over the resolution / aspect ratio.

Adjust the times of the slides to what you require.

Make an mp4 of set one.

Do the same for set two.

Add the set one and set two mp4 files side by side in a single slide.

That sounds a little easier??

DG

That last idea is a good one Dave. I've a similar approach at times to some of my animations. The only down side is that there will be no way to alter the individual components once they are made into the twin videos, but I'm reasonably certain that this would still be by far the most efficient way to proceed.

Best regards.

Lin

Thanks for the suggestions, I am most impressed in the quality and speed of help. This has certainly put PTE at the top of my list as an AV program. I am new to AV and have used Pinnacle - 'cause it came with a video camera, but the output on screen is very poor. Most on my camera club members use ProShow but I liked what I saw of PTE on the web. As there are no club members using PTE it is nice to see that there is help at hand in the forum.

Back to the task in hand. It sounds like I should have started on something simpler to learn PTE with but I find that I work better if there is a reason. I will work through the suggestions but the method of creating the MP4's sounds simplest except the photos were taken by hand by two different people so the time intervals are random - two timelines would be nice!!. The video is for fun and will be styled on the Benny Hill videos.

Thanks for the help,

Hi Lin,

The project would consist of a main project and two sub-projects. If kept separate then any tweaking could be done on either of the sub projects. If the mp4 overwrites the previous version then there would be little to do in the main project.

DG

The two sets have about 580 photos each over a 2 hour period. As stated earlier the interval between shots varies with the activity. I want the final video to be jerky as seen in the Benny hill show. I have tried the slideshow in Lightroom and the interval needs to be around .4 sec although lightroom cannot load the photos quick enough so this interval may not be accurate..

Try loading the first set into the slide list at one second and play the preview.

Select all slides and gradually decrease the slide duration in slide options to where you get the effect you want.

Publish a high quality avi or mp4 and add that to the slide list in a new project.

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/techniques/addvid2#adding_a_picturestoexe_video_to_another_project

If that is OK you then know the settings for set two.

DG

Ps if you are putting two of these on a 1920x1080 slide then your original images need be no more than around 960 wide and similarly the avi or mp4 need be no more than about 960 wide.

I have started on the AV and found the best way to work is to run two instances on pte in split windows. This gives two time lines. As there are certain points that must be synchronised in both videos, I can play with delays in each video to get the points synced in time, very tedious as the number of pictures between the matching points in both videos are different.

Is there a way to drag a slide to an exact time on the timeline and automatically alter the delays between the slides on the left.