WnSoft Forums

How to start a exe with space bar

Gilio

Guest Yachtsman1

The only way I know how to do this is to start the exe as normal & immediately press the space bar to pause the show, pressing it a second time will re-start the show from the opening screen. You need to have the "permit control" box ticked in project options.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-57233600-1402040270_thumb.jp

Not really an answer, but, to be sure the show will not start if you forget to press the space bar, I'd rather use the right arrow, used as the next slide (with the "permit control" box ticked in project options), with a first blank slide, of 1 seconde (for example, or less), and for this first slide, in Slide Options / Main, Timing : "Loop this slide".

The show will not start before you press the right arrow

Gilo,

* Set the 1st Slide to Wait for Keypress to Show Next Slide in Slide Options.

* All remaining Slides need to be set to Show Next Slide after Indicated Time Interval (by default in Project Options)

* Enable Permit Control of Show using Keyboard.

* (Syncronize Soundtrack may be necessary depending on your needs)

The Slideshow will stay on 1st Slide until you hit any key ... in your case use <SPACE>

The Slideshow will now play normally.

Thanks for replays, but when I send a show to a festival the operator like to start with the space bar, in other programs like Wings, DGFects it is posible!

maybe Igor can make a button in project options for it. Thank you.

Stu, thank you it works fine, but I have 3 slideshows every show has to start with a black slide and remaining slide 260 pices has to be change in Project Options, that is lot of work!

When I make a exe, one button in the program can do that, IGOR can you fix that????

Thank you.

... remaining slide 260 pices has to be change in Project Options, that is lot of work ...

There is no need for running through all slides: In the project options you just set "Show Next Slide after Indicated Time Interval" as the default value for all slides simultaneously. Now you only have to change the setting for the first slide in the slide options (Wait for key press ...).

Regards,

jt

Guest Yachtsman1

Out of interest, Gilio has 3 shows, how does PTE differentiate between them by pressing the space bar?

Yachtsman1.

Signing off from Kent.

Eric,

Iam assuming your query is that all 3 shows are running at the same time. If this was the case ... only the topmost/active show would be enabled to receive keyboard/mouse commands. Inactive shows would remain in their current state.