WnSoft Forums

Copying Sequences to another project

Cotslad

I am trying to copy a whole sequence from one project to another

In version 6.5 I selected all the images from one sequence in slide list format hit CONT C

opened the project I wanted to add the other sequence to pressed CONT V

and there it was with all the info transferred

Could anyone advise how you do this in PTE 8.0 - if you do as above only one images is transferred

not the whole sequence

Help please!

Martin

It is pretty much as you described.

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/techniques/copy_slides

In v8 you can have two instances open at the same time and copy from one slide list to the other. Instance one will be the "Source" project and instance two will be the "Target" project.

Highlight the slides to be copied in the Source Project and copy to clipboard.

Open the Target Project and paste into the Slide List.

I just tried it to make sure that there are no glitches.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Martin

How did you copy? try this, open both shows left click the last slide of the show you want to copy, hold down the shift key, left click the first slide, this highlights all the slides. Right click the first slide select copy. Go to the second show, highlight where you want the slides by left clicking, right click & select paste, that works for me, I don't use short cut key combinations.

Yachtsman1.

Oh Thanks for all your help but I am still struggling

This is what I have done - much as Mr Yachtsman said.

Open both shows left click the last slide of the show I want to copy, held down the shift key, left click the first slide, all the slides highlight. Right click select copy slide. Open second show, highlight where I want the slides to go, right click & select paste slide and all I get is one image pasted not the lot. I used the same method in early versions and no problem

Martin

Cotslad,

Seems you are not properly highlighting/selecting multiple slides for copy. Your above comment indicates you have only one slide highlighted ... therefore only one will copy.

*Its much easier to select/copy multiple slides from the Slide List view (or its full screen view). Selecting multiple slides from the Timeline view also requires keyboard key input. Your comment of darker blue and lighter blue indicate to me you may be working in the Timeline view?

*See attached image for details on selected slides to be copied.

post-45-0-81120000-1403216781_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your attachment it works!

I have been doing it selecting the slide list as in earlier versions and that doesn't work

but selecting the images works.

This will save me hours as I am doing a 2hour show with my images projected behind a band on stage in 'Edge of Day'

in celebration of Laurie Lee's Centenary

and I need to transfer many sequences into the single time line

Cotslad,

If you want to easily and quickly select/highlight all the Slides for copy from a project (especially if you have more than can fit in view) ... use keyboard keys <CTRL> + <A>

*Click/select the first Slide with the mouse ... then keyboard <CTRL> + <A> ( this is normal Windows function for Select All ). Then use Copy Slide menu function or keyboard <CTRL> + <C>