WnSoft Forums

Colonia Tovar

MUR

You can see in Slideshow Club, my project "Colonia Tovar"

This project is based on the intensive use (perhaps excessive) of animated movement, rhythm and timing, around the theme "A German town in Venezuela”.

Any positive or negative feedback is welcome.

MUR

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mur

I downloaded your show. As you said very "ambitious" use of animation. IMO the animation was too fast, almost as if you were trying to cram as much as possible into the show. The style of the show I liked & the subject was certainly unknown to me. One thing that jarred beside the fast animation, was a number of shots didn't appear to be straight, the first wide view of the town & a number of the half timbered buildings. IMO, the show could be split in two, with the story of the town as one theme, & the signs as another & sloooowed down. Just my opinion.

Yachtsman1.

Yachtsman, I agree, that is very fast, but I thought that if the subject is not interesting and the images are of low artistic quality, would be very boring doing it slower, so I eliminated much of the design and images, and left just enough to show the idea.

MUR

MUR

I thought the subjects were interesting, but the use of the animation was distracting away from the subject. Its almost like trying to listen to a violin quartet, with a firework display going on in the background.

I would say that the artistic quality was fine, so was the subject and the theme, You have some nice establishing shots and some good close up images, I just think its over complicated.

I would be tempted to remind yourself of the theme, this is a sequence about "A German town in Venezuela", it is not about a lots of dazzling animations. Everything your need is already in your slideshow, you only need to take away what is not really required. So ask yourself, does this spinning thing say "A German town in Venezuela"? if not leave it out; keep it simple.

I would like to see this reworked, it certainly has potential to be very interesting in it own right.

Thanks for posting it.

First of all, thank you for giving your opinion, but I think I failed to explain what was the purpose of the project. If you have seen my previous post, as "house", "spirals" and "playing with text", I've been playing with the capabilities of Objects and Animation.

This post, though not placed as a demo, but it's just a test and the subject and the pictures are just something around the animations were done, maybe I should use instead of them just colored squares or abstract images. I ask I apologize for my mistake.

Barry did not understand me when I say bad pictures, with long time are boring, I did not say that quick views can improve them.

MUR