WnSoft Forums

Post Setting "FUNCTION EXPLAINED as NORMAL".

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I don't know if this is a bug or just the way things happen, I seem to remember someone else mention the anomaly. I have a slide in the O&A screen, I set up some animation, a simple vertical pan followed by a zoom out. The speed of the final bit of zoom is a little fast so I go to the setting up box for zoom & select "slow down". When I play the slide, the animation now bears no relation to that I set up originally, the pan & zoom are linked not separate as previously set.?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-59882700-1411422892_thumb.jp post-5560-0-84626900-1411422903_thumb.jp post-5560-0-87154400-1411422917_thumb.jp post-5560-0-04097500-1411422929_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Click on Slow Down, then click on the little arrow beside "setting up" then "separate" all keyframes. I would suggest even if you have no rotate or perhaps no zoom, do likewise for all animation possibilities - it's a "safety" measure..... When you make a change, such as add a keyframe after separating, you have to go back to "linear" and start again or the results will not be as expected. It's not a bug it's just the way it works. Essentially you have to do all keyframes as "linear" then make changes so that when a keyframe is added you have to begin again as linear. Also even if you are only using zoom and not pan or rotate, set them also to slow and separate. The secret to getting it to look like you want is to do all keyframes in linear then make your separations.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

I have never done what I described before, obviously I need to do some more reading before trying it again. Maybe this is one of the complications that need simplifying? Thanks.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-69015900-1411454800_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I've now read the manual page on the subject & the explanation IMO, is brief to say the least. It is also quite time consuming to use the suggested steps. I am new to the function, but have used PTE since 2007, I could well see spending a great amount of time trying to accomplish what I originally wanted. In the past where I had a similar situation, I increased the master slide time & dragged the timed points further apart, which I think achieved a similar result without the need to change all the previous settings. I must add that what I'm saying was on the last animation movement which didn't interfere with those set previously.

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/objects-and-animation/linearity?s[]=slow

Yachtsman1.

Two things come to mind.

Firstly, this might help some: http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/techniques/kenburns?s[]=linear

Secondly, investigate using separate nested frames for Pan, Zoom and Rotate of an Object (image).

i.e. Parent/Child Frames - The Pan Frame is used ONLY for Panning - the Zoom frame is used ONLY for Zooming etc.

Pan Frame

-------Zoom Frame

----------------Rotate Frame

--------------------------Object

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Whilst I applaud the PTE manual explanation, I would have lost the will to live after trying to follow the listed steps, especially if I was a new-comer. Maybe when I have more time to absorb what is written, it will eventually sink in. I was off sick when algebra was explained at school & have never cottoned onto that either. :blink:

Thanks anyway.

Yachtsman1.