WnSoft Forums

Properties sharper/smoother

woolleyjonathan

-100 in PTE is no sharpening... Zero would be intentional blur or softening when referring to the slider in Objects and Animations.

The default in PTE is set to zero via the Project Options Screen Tab, but zero is represented on the scale by -100. If your intent is to leave the images exactly as you have created them in your editing software, then then be sure that Project Options - Screen Tab - setting is zero. Save the settings in a new show with no images then import all your images. The no-sharpening effect will be present when -100 appears on each slide.

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Have created a show and then noticed that sharper/smoother has defaulted? to -100 (I am unaware of making a setting) This is applied to every slide and I want to reduce to zero on all existing slides (570). Can anyone tell me how to do this please.

I only use the sharpening in PTE when animating a slide, particularly useful in scrolling text. If you have animation on 570 slides, that's a heck of a show.

Yachtsman1.

If you have x number of slides amongst the 570 which have NO ANIMATION you can create a Style which will change the Sharper/Smoother set to whatever you require for the Slides it is applied to.

Applying a Style with just this change to Slides with Animation will negate the Animation Settings.

DG

P.S. The "No Animation" slides must have a single image which has been dragged into the Slide List and therefore will have the Main Image Indexed.

I recommend to set "Sharper/smoother" at -100 as it being offered by default.

Yes, I understand that it sounds not-intuitive, and probably we'll rework this parameter in the next version.

Set "Sharper/smoother" to 0 when you have animation and you observe shimmering/moire problem.

"Sharper/smoother" parameter doesn't affect to performance even on old video cards.

Another parameter - "Blur" - affects to performance and should be used when it really necessary.