WnSoft Forums

New show - American Fisherman

Alanweb

Hi Alan,

I enjoyed your slide show very much. Very nice photos, excellently presented.

The music was a good fit too.

I agree with Michel about the ending. Very abrupt. Perhaps a final slide saying

"The End" and slowly fading would work, or repeat the credits?

Also, while I liked the mermaid and anchor, they did intrude somewhat over the

fine photographs.

Overall, excellent!

Alan

Hi Alan

I too enjoyed your photos.

The "viril" background music fits very well the subject :D

The "hard" end of your slideshow is as hard as the fisherman's life !

Thanks again for sharing with us your slides.

Patrick

Alan, my applause for the outstanding photography. Photos about as clear and sharp as they can be, I think. Nicely presented too. I would usually prefer a softer landing at the end of a show - but I was not bothered at all with your chosen ending on this one. I think the visual matched the sound and you probably made your point.

A beautiful show which appealed to my love of the sea and ships, although I am a poor sailor. The sequence is presented as an album and as such it works well. In my subsequent viewings of the sequence I have shut off my vision of the appendages and captions and concentrated on the images themselves. I was then able to appreciate the quality of each image, with their composition and subtle use of filter effects. More of the same please.

Ron [uK]

In contrast to a number of people, Alan, I actually quite liked the way that you used the mermaid + anchor to frame the pictures...

It didn't distract me at all, just helped me find the mood.

Sadly not a purist, I too like to experiment. Some times rewarding, others not - but always a learning experience!

On the occasion that I can get a presentation or two up on the site - I expect a few tomatoes ;)

(as long as they're not in tins, eh :blink: )

Loved the photos too.. look forward to the next effort!

J :D G

I accept all the criticisms. I had second thoughts on everything mentioned, but went ahead with the slideshow, because I wanted to try something different. All the critiques are worthy and I agree with everyone's separate opinions. In the end, it was the photos that spoke and everyone seemed to enjoy those. Thanks.

Alan

Alan,

Nice and atmospherical show, especially contributing through the music.

The mermaid and anchor should be somewhat smaller I think, because they may be distracting with this size.

The titles at the bottom give information which is sometimes not necessary. (Just repeating the name of the boat with the extension: trawler or vessel or something like that.) I would suggest to sum things up at the beginning of the show in a first or second slide.

I think that the white band at the top and bottom of my screen should be the same color as your blue background or anyhow somewhat less distractive.

I like especially the first few slides (black and white and the slide with the white boathull at the right). Consider to change more slides into black and white, because the theme seems to be very suitable for this.

Some slides are very cluttered <_< with details, and give too much information...so you can prevent this.. just by going closer to your subjects. (like you did with the gull sitting on the wooden poles).

Well.... I hope you will consider these remarks just as positive critisicm and keep on making even better slide shows!!

regards

Michel Verhoef.