WnSoft Forums

Border (Adjustable) for Masks

goddi

Greetings,

I would like to be able to add a border to a Mask.

An example of this would be to be able to put a border (adjustable) around a Mask for an image that has been made smaller through the use of Zoom and I wanted to animate it within the borders of the Mask.

Thanks...

Gary

Hi Gary,

How would this differ from putting the border around the image inside the mask?

Best regards,

Lin

Greetings Lin,

The problem is that if you want to, say, pan the image with a border (using 'Adjust image and border'), the border around the image pans with the image. I want the border to stay still while I pan the image behind the border. If I can create a mask with borders that fits the edges or size of the image, the border would stay fixed while the image pans, zooms, etc. behind the border.

See posting #40 for image.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18016-rectangle-with-a-window-add-to-o-a-menu/page-2

Gary

The border is a regular border, adjustable for everything other borders are. It's a fairly simple thing to construct. The issue with having a special feature for this is that it would only be good for rectangular masks since it's not possible to put a border around odd shaped masks (oval, custom, etc.). This is still something Igor would need to consider, but since it's so easy to do with other tools, ... who knows? It's just the transparent PNG with a border inside the same mask as the object...

Here's the pte file link. http://www.lin-evans.org/gary/forgarypte.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I am sure it can be done, as you have, using other programs to create the border. Nice work. But I'd like Igor to let us do it within PTE. I don't know if it is technically possible to create a border with a Mask, but I think it would be very useful and add the to the creative possibilities.

Gary

Hi Bert,

Just in case you have the need to do this before such an option might be available - it's easy enough to do now. All you need is a transparent PNG file to place the border around and to reside inside the same mask with your image to be zoomed, panned, etc. Here's a sample:

http://www.lin-evans.org/gary/forburt.zip

Best regards,

Lin

There are always workarounds. Nevertheless it would be fine to have particular features for the mask itself: Perhaps borders, but I would even like more drop shadows (see here). Please do not enter any workarounds for shadows. I am well aware of them :)

Regards,

jt