WnSoft Forums

PTE presentation

djohnson

Hi All,

I would like to add a relatively small PTE presentation located on my site.

B-17 Little Girls.exe download site

This was made for my long time friend who served in WWII flying B-17 missions out of England, was shot down, captured and spent the remainder of the war in Stalag Luft I. The show also pays tribute to those military hero's who were not so fortunate.

After the war, Ed Davidson became a pilot for American Airlines for over 35 years. He is now retired and resides in San Diego, CA with his lovely wife Maria.

Hi djohnson,

Great show. I really felt the emotions of the crew as I reviewed their takeoffs and eventual engagement...Thank you....How did you string the two shows together.....jongru

In PTE Customize slide, select Main, Advanced Options, check Run external application, and enter executable program. This is the trigger area. Glad you enjoyed the presentation..

Thank you Bill.

Very emotiomal show even for me as a German.

I was 11years old and in the Hitler Youth in a town of 6.000 20 miles from Stuttgart, my task was to go to the sites airplane crashed when shot down and take prisioners and burry the death.

My group and I burried 16 Americans and the Lutheran Priest was always there with his sermons.

We broke the ID in half and delivered them to city hall where they were kept. One two or three years later Military or family members came for reburial and all the graves were easely found. Where I do not know. Perhaps in the States.

We had a gym which was used for the prisioners, they worked in the fields doing peasant work without much or some times any supervision. Food was no problem other things like soap and others was.

Some French prisoners came back for vacations and established good friendships with the owners of the fields.

Your show is excellent it shows all the drama bringing back memories.

There was one thing in common for friend and foe and you did not miss it.

It is the song of "Lilly Marleen."

Congratulation!

djohnson - You have made a very appealing and meaningful presentation. I found myself being more captivated as it progressed. Can you summarize the sources of your photos? Thank you for sharing your show.

And thank you Norbert Quickflicks for your personal response to the subject. I must say I was very surprised with your being 11 years old at the time! Now you qualify to receive senior citizen discounts in the forum.

And you are in good company - Guido, myself, - and others who are catching up. :D

Which suggests it may be time to plug the website where members of this forum are invited to post their personal portraits. http://www.imagescapes.co.nz/forum/forum.htm is the place. If it is not clear how to upload, you can reach host Andrew through his site http://www.imagescapes.co.nz. And I think Ken, in this forum, in his list of websites, gives directions to upload members photos.

I really enjoyed the show Don, well done.  It had a nice balance and the images combined with a nice soundtrack worked well.  Congratulations on a well presented show.

Barry

Thanks for writing Barry. Actually, the posted show is only 50% of the full presentation. The remainder consisted of personal photos and events of Davidson family members and friends. It was indeed an interesting challenge and a reminder to me of the actual events that transpierd during WWII.

Dave Johnson

Don,

A very well-composed slideshow.....emotional.

Thankyou very much for sharing it with us.