WnSoft Forums

Audio in PTE

Laszlo K

This is about odity of audio addressed to those whom are maybe having some problems but can not figure it out why.

For example:

You are working on a project and add an audio track to the timeline It all sounds good, plays well and you fine tune it to your images.

Export it to create an EXE or video file. When it is done you find some of the audio missing from the final output. Or it has screech / buzz etc.

Don't blame PTE for it. You have an audio file that is corrupt to a certain point. On the timeline windows Windows Media player to my understanding plays and can cut thorough lots of garbage. But PTE is more sensitive for discrepencies and at time of rendering the problem will surface and that is even varies to what final output you are doing.

My latest project I used an MP3 original? that I converted to WAV for the purpose of having only WAV files on the time line.

I created 4 versions, a DVD an AVI and two MP4's (1280 and a 1920)

The end result was: the DVD cut the audio after about 5 minutes completely. The AVI would not show audio from about 5 minutes in NERO Video, and Pinnacle V17 would not even open the AVI file. The MP4 1920 HD would have screech and buzz but on the other hand the 1280 HD was playing fine. Why was it playing? Honestly I have no clue about it.

At this point my solution was not to rebuild the audio track of multiple pieces of music but removed the edited audio from the 1280 version and replaced the multiple piecec of audio with the single piece of audio track. With that the project was sucsesfully finished.

My point is that at any point your audio doesn't sound right because it is not right. Get an inexpensive or free converter and flip the audio even if you re-save it AS back into the same file format. The porocess will eliminate the problem 99% of the time. Audacity can do a good job of that and a number of other audio programs as well.

Laszlo