WnSoft Forums

Can I use two screens?

smokinggoldfish

I use two monitors on my PC running Windows 8 and generally find it very useful, e.g. you can have a spreadsheet open on one and email open on the other.

In PTE it would be nice to have the preview panel on one monitor and the file list and slides or timeline on the other. Especially when there are lots of audio tracks one screen is not enough space to see everything.

Is there a way to open the preview panel on a separate monitor?

sg

Thanks Peter,but its not quite what I was looking for. I wanted the pane that shows the current image or video - top right in the attached screen dump - to be movable to a second monitor to give more space for the other info. So in that attached screen dump the 4 figures would be displayed on my second monitor. That doesn't seem to be possible? It's only the preview that can be moved, and it then becomes "disconnected" from the timeline etc on the main window?

Ray

post-11492-0-57433700-1420138398_thumb.j

Thanks Ken but it's not what I want. I want, during normal editing and construction of a show, to have the preview pane visible on a second monitor so that I can use more space on the main monitor for the file tree, slides and audio tracks in timeline view.

Ray

I use the timeline extensively when making a sequence and have suggested a floating player that can be moved (to another screen if required) I think it has merits.

You understand my requirement bb. Did you put in a request for this feature in the next edition?

Ray

Ray

I did make a suggestion for a floating player, but it seems a long time ago now. I work almost exclusively in the time line and don't use the slide list much at all and when you have a few sound tracks a floating player could be moved to a more convenient part of the screen, or perhaps in your case another screen entirely

Thanks Gilio. I can already use two monitors since Windows 7 makes it easy, and for separate applications that works fine, e.g. having a word processor open on one monitor and a spreadsheet on the other. In PTE I want to split one application (PTE) so that part of it (time line, file tree, etc) appears on one screen and the preview pane shows on the other. It needs a new bit of software within PTE to do it, so let's hope that the next version of PTE will allow it. Ray