WnSoft Forums

DVD not accepted

Jicardee29

I have a problem when it comes to burning the DVD. This has been happening a lot and with any make of DVD.

Firstly, the DVD keeps being kicked out with a not recognised message. Eventually it will be accepted and the recording starts. Then sometimes the program stops before burning.

I am about to make a DVD slideshow of a recent cruise and would love to be able to avoid these problems.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Carolyn

Guest Yachtsman1

The best advise I can give is to use a DVD-R disc & when creating your DVD using PTE Video burner change none of the settings apart from adding the title. I did a tutorial a couple of years ago using PTE 7, it's out of date now but most actions still apply.

Yachtsman1.

Standard advice from me:

On the final page of the VideoBuilder untick everything except burn/create ISO.

Create the iso and then, if successful, use your normal DVD burner to burn the iso.

Media Player Classic will play iso files to check them.

If you have the right Tv with usb making an mp4 is a MUCH better alternative.

DG

Hi Carolyn,

This may or may not be relevant, but DVD players have a definite "life span." I use to make lots of DVD's commercially and we were lucky to get 500 burns on many good machines from variously Hewlett-Packard, Plextor, LG, etc. On a few we got 1000 burns before failure but the hardware is definitely life-limited for burns. This is not true for "reads" but if you burn lots of media you may want to at least try a different burner to see if you are experiencing hardware related issues... Since most people don't use their burners on a regular basis, they never reach the limits. We had our in use constantly making around 20 DVD's per day per burner. After purchasing over 10 units in a year, we learned that there is a definite life span for these things. At least that was the case some 10 years ago.

Best regards,

Lin