WnSoft Forums

Burning a DVD

DawnG

I have been transferring a lot of old vhs and high 8 family movies and then burning to a dvd. So far have created more than 20. Today I am getting a very strange error message and will include the screenshot below.

One other question..... It started as an occasional problem so I didn't worry too much about it but now it happens sometimes several times a day. I get the error and blue screen that my pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. The error code is 0XA0000001. I have researched this and some say it is hardware and other say it is the graphics card. Anyone else ever have this issue? I put in a new AMD7700 2 years ago and unless I am mistaken this problem may have started just around then :(

post-12008-0-63488800-1437839695_thumb.j

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi DawnG

As a starter, what size is the file you are attempting to burn to DVD, is it an MP4 file, what are your hardware details. Size of C & D drives, OS, Ram.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Yachtsman :)

OS is windows 8.1 (x64), 10 gb ram, file size is 4.38 gig. and the file format is mpeg2. Drive C is 1 terebyte and only half full. I know these mpeg2 files are taking up a lot of room and as soon as I get them backed up on an external drive they will be removed.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dawn G

Are you saying you are trying to burn a 4.3Gig file size to a DVD? If you are, I don't believe you can, there is a file size limit, but I can't seem to find it in the on-line help, I'm away for a couple of days from tonight, so maybe someone else will step in & assist.

Yachtsman1.

Right on my container of new dvd's it says they can hold up to 4.7 gig....so I was comfortably under that with 4.38 gig. As I mentioned before I have burned a truckload in the past week but this is the first time this error came up.

AND my stupid pc had that 0xa error again a short time ago and had to restart. That is 3 times today!!!

Thanks Ken.....I looked over all the posts and none seem to be the same issue I am having. The thing is every file I put to DVD, I made 2 of.....one for my daughter. I had already burned this file and it was fine.....it was only when I went to burn the 2nd identical one that this came up. I didn't change anything. Just about all my video files have been around the same size. I gauged it all by the bar during the burning preparation......

Ken I have rebooted several times and the problem still exists :(

Davegee.....I am not sure how to burn and ISO to a DVD. Should I expect it is the same as any other file through a burning program? Never did it before...... Any idea why it worked with the first one and not this one?

You don't burn the iso file yet. You create it as a file. If it is created without error then you know that PTE is ok and to look elsewhere.

I think that I would also try cutting the project in half and see what happens. 4.7Gb is a theoretical figure that includes files other than yours. I think that you MIGHT be trying too much.

Davegee....the ISO file turned out fine. Guess I will try to reduce the original file a bit to see if I can burn another dvd. Just can't quite understand why it burned one identical to it without any issue *scratches head*

You "should" be able to double click on the ISO and, if your CD burning software supports it, it will offer to burn it.

You might have more luck with that, but I still think that your project might be too big.

Have you tried copying the disc you managed to make - with your CD burning s/w?

Thanks Davegee and Robert.......guess copying is the thing to do. I just wasn't sure if I had any other issues going on and wanted to pass it all by the 'pros' :)

Anyone have an idea about the 0xa0000001 windows error? I have a sinking feeling it has to be the graphics card since it always happens when watching videos on FaceBook......

Yachtsman....tried accessing that page a couple of times and get this:

Error 508. Resource Limit Is Reached

This website is temporarily unable to service your request as it has exceeded it’s resource limit. Please check back shortly.

If you are the owner of the account and are regularly seeing this error, please read more about it in our knowledgebase. If you have any questions, please contact our Technical Support department.

As I said above, I researched this in different forums and some say hardware and other say graphics card. I was just wondering if anyone else ever ran into this issue.....

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dawn G

I just tried the link I posted & it opens OK? Are you using a lap top, tablet or PC, does it have 2 graphics cards? If it is an off the shelf model, let us have the make & model.

Yachtsman1.