WnSoft Forums

Video insert

Laszlo K

I have used video inserts in the slideshow but this time I got the finger.

It is a 75 second MP4 HD clip that I edited and exported from Corel Studio 8

The whole slideshow is 2m 55sec long.

It will not play the video but jumping images while the audio is perfect on the timeline preview, the moment it gets to the stills is no problem.

It will NOT produce a correct .EXE (missing video) but it will render an MP4 file that plays well.

https://vimeo.com/146556410

I think it is file size issue but not sure. Would AVI have a better chance?

Laszlo

PS: I'm running Win 7 custum built desktop centered on video work. So all is there what is needed to edit and run a clip hours long

It is a 75 second MP4 HD clip that I edited and exported from Corel Studio 8

It may be the encoding/framerate that PTE is not too happy about. For video issues such as yours ... test by converting your MP4 using PTE's own video converter.This generally resolves most playback issues within PTE/EXE.

I dont believe a 75 second video will create a file size issue. The PTE converted video file will generally be larger in file size than your original MP4 file because it uses less compression methods to enable better playback within PTE/EXE.

Note:

For very large video files you know that will exceed the EXE compile limit ... there is a option/provision within PTE to run that video externally.

You will of course need to supply/distribute both EXE and VIDEO together to your possible users.

Thanks for your response.

I have tried it both ways with or without PTE's conversion of the video with similar results. Resaved it under different name to get away from possible memory glitches. Scanned, cleaned the residual trash and reboot the system. Using 500GB SSD drive "C" with all matching cards. So there is power and reserve to run a few other machines on it. If you looked at the clip it is not a big deal and the video is a chunk in one piece with fades on both ends nothing else.

It has to be rendering issue because when time was given to render the final MP4. it was working like a charm, but it seemed that it jumped thorough the video clip during EXE rendering and that might be the problematic playback even on the small player screen.

The video file in question will play seamlessly on any player (II have 4) on my computer.

Well something to think about.

Laszlo

• 2 weeks later...

I realized what was the problem.

The format from the video editing program was not right. I have done 6 different output. M2T was not working at al. Some of the MP4 had issues.

Symptoms are pixelization, hick-ups, jumping of video but audio is fluid. It would not do EXE with video present but it would render a video file.

On the other hand AVI and AVC/H.264 is running fine even in 1920X1080. So the output file from the editing program should be put into PTE and do a test run, creating an EXE without creating a project and wasting time.

Laszlo