WnSoft Forums

Codeweaver Crossover

Robinhood

PTE 9 *might* be be available soon for both Windows and Macs (slideshow viewer and editor). Hosted hypervisors like VMware Fusion and Parallels that require a copy of Windows usually have a slight performance penalty (about 5%) over native code.

Igor has been quiet about new features in PTE 9 compared to previous versions. Usually a major version was released about every year. I think it's been about 2 years now since PTE 8 was released. PTE 9 code might be a complete rewrite of code using a different programming language so it is easier to compile cross platform.

Tom

18 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

PTE 9 *might* be be available soon for both Windows and Macs (slideshow viewer and editor). Hosted hypervisors like VMware Fusion and Parallels that require a copy of Windows usually have a slight performance penalty (about 5%) over native code.

Igor has been quiet about new features in PTE 9 compared to previous versions. Usually a major version was released about every year. I think it's been about 2 years now since PTE 8 was released. PTE 9 code might be a complete rewrite of code using a different programming language so it is easier to compile cross platform.

Tom

Thanks Tom - I think I will be patient for a while longer - and continue using PTE 8 on an oldish PC 

2 hours ago, davegee said:

Tom, 

A question - when using Parallels do you use a Windows Mouse or a Mac Mouse?

I am thinking about mouse function which use the Mouse Wheel.

DG

Hi Dave,

I just use a Logitech M310 wireless mouse. Long battery life. USB nano-receiver (can be stored inside battery compartment) that I can move between computers (Chromebook, 2010 Macbook Pro, Lenovo IdeaPad) without configuring bluetooth. I have a few of these mice in different colors and they don't interfere with each other when used close together. It has a scroll wheel in the middle that works on Mac and Windows/Parallels/PTE 8.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-mouse-m310

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=logitech+m310

Tom

38 minutes ago, davegee said:

So there is no need for special entries in the Hotkey list for Mac users with Parallels etc?

You should be able to customize your keyboard in Parallels or use the default mapping. I can't do much testing right now because I am moving next week so most of my computer equipment is in storage.

http://blog.parallels.com/2015/07/14/using-keyboard-shortcuts-with-parallels-desktop-for-mac/

Tom