WnSoft Forums

Bluebonnet Street Rodders Slideshow

smithrg

Hi PTE friends, I have made a slideshow of a car show that I attended, over the weekend, and posted on MediaFire.

If you like hot rods, streetrods, and classics, please take a look.

Show is 10 minutes long, 357 MB in size, and 3:2 format.

Please let me know: too long, wrong music, photos no good, or just don't like.

Thanks for watching, robertg  

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ycd9o8i2361j8d6/Bluebonnet_Street_Rodders_Show_.mp4

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Robert

Just watched the car show, the link didn't live stream, I had to download the show.

You guys in the US know how to pimp cars. I regularly watch Wayne Carini the "I chase cars" guy over here on TV, love the way classics are preserved over there.

The show, I'm afraid the looped music got pretty boring after the first couple of minutes. If it had been me & wanting to use that sound clip, I would just use it once a the beginning in conjunction with quick transitions, so that the next car image came in on the beat. Then some classic US car music such as, Beach Boys "Little Duce Coupe", Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" ect.

The photography is some of the best quality I've seen in a long time, the colours & chrome really pop out.

I would have tried to take lots of different angles, I know it's difficult where cars are mostly evenly spaced trying to separate them & keep the public out. There was one particular close up of a radiator grill in either dark blue or black & chrome, a few more of those type shots interspersed with full length views would enhance the show. Naming the cars would enhance the interest IMO.

A definite keeper.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric, yes I was afraid about the same music going for over 10 minutes, but I wanted to use the show on Facebook and YouTube, and they have shut me down before, when using

"unauthorized copyright". You can tell I don't know how to do anything more than just a simple show. Thank you for for the great advice.

I don't know why my paid MediaFire account doesn't stream anymore, I'll look into that.

Thanks again for taking the time to critique the show, best regards, Robert.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Robert I have a free Vimeo account, I never get pulled for copyright infringement. Facebook I've never been pulled on there either, it's only YouTube that have a fixation, however, I've started to ignore that also, I think it could be different in the US where you are likely someone may take things further.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I have had youtube block the music completely.  More than just a warning.  To their credit, they magnanimously offer their own music as replacement.   Youtube has its perks, but I don't need those and it too many negatives.  Dropbox meets my needs.

Guest Yachtsman1
22 minutes ago, JudyKay said:

I have had youtube block the music completely.  More than just a warning.  To their credit, they magnanimously offer their own music as replacement.   Youtube has its perks, but I don't need those and it too many negatives.  Dropbox meets my needs.

Dropbox is OK but I've filled my free quota, & you can't live stream a free account. Not sure about a paid one.:unsure: However, if you check their R & Regs, they are the same as YouTube, but they don't flag a frightener, or didn't.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

10 hours ago, Yachtsman1 said:

Dropbox is OK but I've filled my free quota, & you can't live stream a free account.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

You can stream from Dropbox and do not have to download.  Test like this:  

1. Copy a link to an MP4
  2. Open an incognito window or another browser that isn't logged in to DB 
  3. Paste the link
  4. Wait a moment for a window to load--voila!  It will stream!

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Judy

Well you learn something every day. Unfortunately most of the stuff I have on there are Exe files which I would have to delete if I wanted some MP4 space, which usually take up more space than Exe's, so it's 6 & 2 3's. I'm happy with Vimeo at the moment, or YouTube if I want maximum coverage & use my own produced music, or my names sake's Eric (Matayas);)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

17 hours ago, JudyKay said:

You can stream from Dropbox and do not have to download.  Test like this:  

1. Copy a link to an MP4
  2. Open an incognito window or another browser that isn't logged in to DB 
  3. Paste the link
  4. Wait a moment for a window to load--voila!  It will stream!

Judy,

I tried to stream an MP4 that is in my Dropbox, but I have not been able to do it. I am not sure I understand your step #2 where you say 'that isn't logged in to DB'. I copied the Dropbox link into my Firefox browser. I get a symbol to 'play' and a link to download the MP4. But the 'play' does not play (stream) the MP4. What am I missing???

Gary