WnSoft Forums

PTE 8.0.17 just started to create MP4's of 0 bytes

noppes

Until a few days ago, I had no problems with creating HD-videos with PTE. Since today, every creation of "HD-video" (=MP4) results in a file with filesize=0 bytes.

Creation of .EXE files still functions normally, and also creation of .AVI files still functions normally.

My computer is a Dell laptop XPS17 (intel i7 with 8Gb memory) , running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1.

Recently no "Windows Update" maintenance was applied (as far as I know)

I tested lately with a small slideshow of only 5 or 6 pictures, and still the same problem.(also see the screenshot)

Until 06June, you can find the material with those few pictures at   https://we.tl/avMMqy1aZ6

Has anybody any clue, what could have happened ?

PTE-problem03.jpg

Hi Noppes,

I created an HD MP4 without any problems from your PTE file so I think we can assume that the problem is not PTE itself but more likely either a resource issue or possibly a codec issue.

Here's a link to the zipped mp4 I created: http://www.lin-evans.org/test/test.zip

What I did was choose all defaults in PTE for the HD video. First I would check to be absolutely certain that you have sufficient storage space on the hard drive, then, if no problem with storage space,  try changing the Codec and see it that makes a difference. I don't recognize the Klaar codec myself, but there are so many that isn't meaningful. Also you might try downloading and reinstalling PTE before doing anything else just in case a file may have become corrupted..

Best regards,

Lin

On 5/31/2016 at 5:45 AM, Lin Evans said:

Hi Noppes,

I created an HD MP4 without any problems from your PTE file so I think we can assume that the problem is not PTE itself but more likely either a resource issue or possibly a codec issue.

Here's a link to the zipped mp4 I created: http://www.lin-evans.org/test/test.zip

What I did was choose all defaults in PTE for the HD video. First I would check to be absolutely certain that you have sufficient storage space on the hard drive, then, if no problem with storage space,  try changing the Codec and see it that makes a difference. I don't recognize the Klaar codec myself, but there are so many that isn't meaningful. Also you might try downloading and reinstalling PTE before doing anything else just in case a file may have become corrupted..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

First of, uninstall + reboot + reinstall + reboot was an action I had already taken before I entered this post on the forum. I also checked that there was indeed enough storage.

You mentioned "...try changing the Codec..."   

Could you please help me to find where/how I can change this Codec, is it somewhere a preference in PTE ? You also mentioned the "Klaar" codec in your post, but I guess you've read that word on the screenshot I included in my post; that word "Klaar" is simply the Dutch word for "Ready" ....so, it's not the name of a Codec  ;-)

Hi Noppes,

Did you try Igor's suggestion of creating a folder with a simple name and without using any symbols such as #, etc.?  The available codecs on your system will depend a great deal on other software which has been installed. PTE is selecting the best default and if you haven't changed anything since the MP4's were created successfully I doubt that is the problem - actually I believe Igor has the solution.

Try creating a simple folder such as C:\myslideshow and put a couple of slides in it. Then open PTE and add these two slides and try to create an MP4 from them saving it to that location and with simple names for the two slides with nothing other than alpha/numeric characters in the file names. No spaces or underlines of ASCII characters other than alpha characters and/or numbers. Let's try that first before looking for anything more complex. I had no problem creating the MP4 from your PTE file but I put the files in a unique and simple folder to work with. I'm betting that's the problem..

Best regards,

Lin

1 hour ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Noppes,

Did you try Igor's suggestion of creating a folder with a simple name and without using any symbols such as #, etc.?  The available codecs on your system will depend a great deal on other software which has been installed. PTE is selecting the best default and if you haven't changed anything since the MP4's were created successfully I doubt that is the problem - actually I believe Igor has the solution.

Try creating a simple folder such as C:\myslideshow and put a couple of slides in it. Then open PTE and add these two slides and try to create an MP4 from them saving it to that location and with simple names for the two slides with nothing other than alpha/numeric characters in the file names. No spaces or underlines of ASCII characters other than alpha characters and/or numbers. Let's try that first before looking for anything more complex. I had no problem creating the MP4 from your PTE file but I put the files in a unique and simple folder to work with. I'm betting that's the problem..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Actually I did indeed already test out Igor's suggestion, and we had already emailed each other outside this thread, but about the same problem. Unfortunately, also using a simple path name as PTETEST as I just re-tested once more (see screenshot), did not cure the filesize of 0 bytes.

In the mean time, I'm planning to use the .EXE resulting file, as there is no problem in maing .EXE files.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway !

PTE-problem10-forum.jpg

Noppes,

Have you tried testing with other presets available other than HD 1920 X 1080.?

I suggest testing a HD 1280 X 720 and a SD 1024 X768 preset to verify any other HD Video output.

* As noted above ... try to use simple filepaths and filenames.

video_presets.jpg

Hi Noppes,

I think this problem can be resolved in future version 9.0, because we fully rewrote this code.

Can you wait a month for the first public beta version? If the new version will help, please let me know.