WnSoft Forums

Screen Resolution Utility

agrob

In the old forum there was a utility that was available that could be used with the Autorun of a CD to change the screen resolution of the viewer. It would change it to your preferred resolution, then it would change it back at the end of the presentation. One advantage of this is when I use objects, sometimes they move if the resolution changes. The other, is that the programs run smoother with smaller image file sizes, and with an 800x600 resolution the file sizes of the images are 100 or less at 72 dpi which is fine for a monitor. Monitor sizes, however, have increased in size, so most, like myself, keep their monitor settings higher. The show will then only partially fill the monitor, whereas it would show the images on the entire monitor if the resolution can be changed. Does anyone remember that utility or have one that will do the same thing that can be added into an autorun.inf to change the resolution, start the program and then reset the resolution at the conclusion of the show?

Thanks

Alan,

:D I just made the utility you want and sent it to you by email. Remember that I could only make test on my computer, my resolution and my OS (xp), so actually it is a Beta version.

The utility called ""AutoRes" will check user's screen and if needed will change to resolution you want (you have to follow instructions on the text file called "res.txt" and include this text file on your CD). Then the utility will run your show. When show is closed, utility will restore (...I hope ;) ) user's resolution and exit.

:ph34r: The utility is invissible !!! :ph34r:

You should tell your "autorun.inf" to run the utility and not your show.

In case of problem (and you should let user know) you can restore resolution by copy the utility to a new folder, run it, then in the window opened user can choose his resolution (you can try it). In other words, if the utility is alone in a folder, it can be used as a "Resolution Changer" utility.

This program is provided "as is" without any warranty. Your use of

this application is at your own risk. The author (me) is not liable for any

damages arising from use of this application.

Please let us know how it works.

:P Granot

Granot -

Your AutoRes utility works perfectly for me (also OS (xp)) - it is easy to use. It resets the resolution if I stop the presentation in the middle. I understand the caveats you have about this, and I think given the disclaimers, others may find this useful. There is a risk in any freeware or unlicensed downloaded program. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf. Thanks again. :D

• 4 years later...
Alan,

:D I just made the utility you want and sent it to you by email. Remember that I could only make test on my computer, my resolution and my OS (xp), so actually it is a Beta version.

The utility called ""AutoRes" will check user's screen and if needed will change to resolution you want (you have to follow instructions on the text file called "res.txt" and include this text file on your CD). Then the utility will run your show. When show is closed, utility will restore (...I hope ;) ) user's resolution and exit.

:ph34r: The utility is invissible !!! :ph34r:

You should tell your "autorun.inf" to run the utility and not your show.

In case of problem (and you should let user know) you can restore resolution by copy the utility to a new folder, run it, then in the window opened user can choose his resolution (you can try it). In other words, if the utility is alone in a folder, it can be used as a "Resolution Changer" utility.

This program is provided "as is" without any warranty. Your use of

this application is at your own risk. The author (me) is not liable for any

damages arising from use of this application.

Please let us know how it works.

:P Granot

Hi there,

I know this thread is a blast from the past but i'm really stuck on this one.

Does anyone know of an application that will resize a users OS when a CDs autorun is launched?