WnSoft Forums

Angels Landing

LumenLux

http://lumenlux.do-some-good.com/PTE%20sho...s%20Landing.zip

Soon to be on Beechbrook, the above link should take you direct to my latest little project. This one even has a special accomodation for Boxig. :D Really though, it is not an accomodation, but a response to his good idea.

I hope everyone can enjoy this one, and please do comment - any direction.

Wouahhh !!

Absolutely stuning scenery photos and a superb music !

Considering the PTE technique, I personally don't like mixture of multiple effects, but your slideshow is really great !

Thank you also for the explanations included.

BRAVO !

Patrick

France

LumenLux

“ Impressive “ presentation.

Thank you for sharing an in depth view and experience.

As I have seen other shows of yours, it did not surprise me that this one would also be outstanding.

Great photography gave me the impression I was standing beside you while photographs were being taken.

Nice uniformed color blending, with photos that appeared to me to be unedited natural shots or very little editing.

Ending – nicely done, I think the idea of a text separate show is much better than text on slides. One can explain much more in detail, which you have done.

The splendors of Mother Nature - highlighted exceptionally well.

Thanks

LumenLux:

I visited Zion years ago. Since viewing your presentation, it's now high on my list for a revist. As I remember, God's rock splendors are so very huge, they are almost impossible to put on film. Your photographic skills in capturing they're beauty and essence was very well done.

Your music choice was very nice and flowed perfectly with each scene. The entire show was extremely pleasant and soothing to watch. An excellent creation.

The finish you chose was very unique and added polish without cluttering your main show. I'm sure I will be borrowing from this idea.

Either you were very lucky in getting the shots of the gobblers or they were actually stuffed birds you setup as props...just kidding.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience.....

Ken

:D

Very beautiful show, Bob! The colours in those rocks and in the cactus flowers are simply extraordinary! Can hardly wait to go back there myself - this time for a longer visit. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you friends for your comments. It is satisfying that we can enjoy each others efforts. Each of you have told me something worthwhile.

I visited Zion years ago. Since viewing your presentation, it's now high on my list for a revist. As I remember, God's rock splendors are so very huge, they are almost impossible to put on film. Your photographic skills in capturing they're beauty and essence was very well done.

Ken, your observation is very accurate. It is always a challenge, and even more-so with the telephoto bias of most consumer level digital cameras. It always seems like a wider angle lens would make life simpler. Whether simpler would be better I don't know. I do know, that many times, I and others have snapped away many rolls of film only to find that the snapshots were just that - snapshots. The huge mountain scenes that were spectacular in person end up being just another mountain view when the photos are viewed. Last September, we backpacked a few days in the Tetons. I have not yet selected and organized the photos into the promised PTE for the hikers. Perhaps I am subconsciously afraid I will be disappointed in the recording of the grandeur. :(

More likely I just keep delaying the process in favor of going out and seeing some more live views.

Back to the challenge you mentioned, "almost impossible" to put the huge Zion formations on to film. At least the formations are well defined. The "Great White Throne" may indeed be too large to capture in it's entirety, but at least you "know" where the subject's edges are. (You may notice in Angels Landing PTE there are no full view shots of the "Great White Throne.") In the past, I have often tried to take "tourist" shots of the whole mountain, and they did little more than prove I was there. Some years ago, I found a similar but even tougher challenge - when the very large subject mountains don't have such distinct boundaries. I was trying to take some decent photos in nearby Capitol Reef National Park. At some point I finally realized a cause of some frustration was, the gorgeous extensive landscape, lacked the natural borders that my photo eye usually seems to notice. I have not yet figured how to capture that type of scene in a real convincing manner. Maybe you or someone else can jump in and productively further this discussion of photo technigue?

As some of you expressed desired to return or visit Zion - just do it.

And if you want a friend to face the challenge with - I'd love to hear from you. That "offer" however is not limited to Zion - but to anywhere out here that might be within reason.