WnSoft Forums

File Transfer

snapcam

Occasionally went a completed sequence  is sent to me via We Transfer it comes across as a collection of data marked 20%

If it is sent zipped it will work OK.

However when I then forward the sequence from my computer it will not open even though it plays on my computer.

Any one else had this

Hello Igor,

This problem is very random and I think it is a transfer fault, it is not a fault with PTE publishing.

When it happens any spaces in the title are filled with the figure '20%' and the download shows it has downloaded the file e.g. 140mb. however windows does not recognise it and it won't operate. Sometimes if it is zipped it will work. I got one through that had the fault but was then sent zipped and it worked as expected. When I forwarded it on from my computer it has the fault.

THE FOLLOWING IS FROM ONE OF THE GROUPS THAT WAS HAVING PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING ONE OF FIVE exe.FILES I WAS SENDING :

Our AV Group makes extensive use of WeTransfer.com and has found that connection speed and any sharing of your internet connection during upload can cause 'corruptions'.

Our major problem with Australian Internet broadband connections is the FTP upload speed is 3 to 4 times longer than faster FTP download speed. Also complicating the whole FTP upload and download process is the move towards AVs being produced as MP4 and MOV video output files which are 3 times bigger in file size to an EXE version of the AV.

I am in contact with WeTransfer to investigate as I think this has only started since they upgraded their site.

Thaks for your reply and I will try your suggestion