WnSoft Forums

Slide Show "Abandoned"

Bert

I submitted this show some years ago.  When I did a search for it, it did not show up anymore.

Maybe now is a good time to look at it again in light what is happening here in the U.S.

See:  http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/441-abandoned/?do=download&csrfKey=2a4319e1b5b4b1d209bfd8d2a7eb3608

Bert

Bert,

You must not have looked in the right place. Old Slideshows from the past (formerly on Beechbrook site) are listed on the Archives of Slideshows tab (at the  top). Only the new slideshows (since the closing of Beechbrook site) appear in the  main window section of Slideshowclub.

I found your old slideshow upload quite effortlessly.

archiveshows.jpg

3 hours ago, nobeefstu said:

Bert,

You must not have looked in the right place. Old Slideshows from the past (formerly on Beechbrook site) are listed on the Archives of Slideshows tab (at the  top). Only the new slideshows (since the closing of Beechbrook site) appear in the  main window section of Slideshowclub.

I found your old slideshow upload quite effortlessly.

So how do you do a Search in the Beechbrook site? I don't see any Search function.

Gary

5 hours ago, mickp2127 said:

Search in Slideshow Club, top left second one in. Beechbrook is no longer in operation.

Mickp

True, shows are no longer uploaded to the Beechbrook site but you can still access the  site and download shows that had been uploaded in the past to this site from the 'Archive of Slideshows' link. So my question is, is there a way to Seach the Beechbrook site. Going page by page seems the only way to find a show, but I am hoping there is a way or can a Search function be added. Nobeefstu says it was 'effortless'. Just wondering how.Beechbrook Archive.jpg

Gary

On 1/23/2017 at 8:34 AM, davegee said:

The Archived Beechbrook Shows are in alphabetical order so ABANDONED is on Page 2.

DG

Sure, that is easy if you know what you are looking for and you know the exact name of the show. My question is, is there any other way to Search for shows? What if I wanted to find all shows created my you or me? Or, one about 'Africa'. There is one called 'The Beauty of  African Wildlife Continued'. Wouldn't find it under 'A'. So, apparently there is no way to find a show unless you go page by page, or you know the exact name of the show. The bottom line is, can this site be given a Search function by word (any word in the title) and by author? I think this would make the  site much more useful. :)

Gary

6 hours ago, davegee said:

I guess that in my usual, clumsy way I am trying to say that it is my belief that Igor's time is better spent on getting Version 9 out to the Public than to be dealing with trivialities which can wait until he has nothing better to do.

DG

Dave,

I don't think the fact that we can not upload shows (larger than about 124mb) to the Slideshowclub and can not search the archives is trivial. I think we should get what should be working to be working. But Igor will decide.  Gary