WnSoft Forums

Slide Style for Videos-Full Duration Problem

goddi

Greetings,

I am creating a show from a 90 minute video. I am using the PTE's Trim function in the Convert process to produce many clips from it. So now I have a bunch of video clips. I created a Slide Style to put do a 90% zoom, a border and aspect ratio and image crop. (Needed because it was digitize from a HI8 tape). So I made a Slide Style with all these attributes and want to apply it to each video clip, preferable highlighting all of them and doing it in one action.

The problem is the Full Duration of the initial clip gets embedded in the Slide Style when it is created. So when I apply the Slide Style to each clip one by one, I have to adjust the Full Duration of each clip to its actual Full Duration. Is there a way to make a Slide Style to not retain the Full Duration of the initial clip when it was created? I'd  like it to just accept the existing Full Duration of each video clip when I apply the Slide Style.

Is this possible?

Gary

Drag three clips into slide list.

Configure clip two the way that you want relative to clips one and three.

Create your Style from your configured clip two.

If your first and last clips are different configuration to the intermediate clips they too can be part of the Style.

It is all in the Online Help.

DG

Added: OK, I get it now. The Duration of the slide from which you made the Style (video) is being used for the Applied Style. Maybe a suggestion for a future versions would be to "Use the existing Slide Duration" as an option when applying a Style. However this would have a knock on effect on the Transition Times and proportional positioning of Key Frames.

Greetings,

I thought I had posted a similar question before but could not find it until this morning. See below. Perhaps I had not explained it as well as I should have. We went back and forth on this. Igor said he would check into this. But I never got a response from him. So now this question has popped  up again when I try to use a Slide Style on video clips. If there isn't any 'fix' for this problem, I'll put it in the Suggestion forum. Yes, having a 'Use the existing Slide Full Duration' as an option sounds like what is needed.

Gary

Greetings,

I just took a look the Slide Style I had created. I am wondering if the style.xml can be edited. And would the 'settime=' be where I could remove the setting of the Duration Time? Change it to "False"???

Just wondering.... Gary

image.thumb.png.30604650d250b2484d1ca1819ae781fb.png

I remember that there was quite a lot of discussion on this topic quite a while ago with both of you and others, and the outcome of the discussion then was what you have just repeated; namely that of a tickbox where the user could decide whether or not to 'Use Existing Slide Duration'.

I'd requested that as an option as well, but unfortunately there was no response about the idea.

[ I often need to create basic slide shows which consist of slides which are either simple images or videos. I have a set of custom frames in a collection of slide styles, and like to select an appropriate one to apply to all the slides. However, any slide consisting of a single video has its original duration overwritten and I have to spend a lot of time going through and manually re-entering the original video durations.]

Regards

wideangle

Greetings Wideangle,

Yes, I feel your pain. I have just edited a 90 minute video down to about 44 individual video clips. I have to apply my Slide Style clip-by-clip to be able to reset the actual Full Duration of each clip.

There has to be an easier way...

Gary

8 hours ago, wideangle said:

Gary

We can only hope......................!

Regards

wideangle

Wideangle,

I also added in the Suggestion Forum to keep the already set Transition Time when you use a Slide Style. I have no idea why it needs to change the Transition Time.

Gary