WnSoft Forums

Just a Little PTE Intro Fun Project

Lin Evans

I updated this to a 4K 60 fps version and posted on YouTube - embedded below. I don't know if YouTube will eventually offer it as a 4K 60fps video but PTE AV Studio 10 Pro does a wonderful job with 4K video as I discovered when I installed a new nVidia GTX 1660 Ti GPU with 6 Gig RAM and a 28" Samsung 4K display on my Win 8.1 system. So far I'm only seeing 1080 p on the YouTube link, but hopefully it will eventually be available in 4K for those with the bandwidth and hardware to support it.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Aleina,

Once the MacIntosh version is launched I think the developers will look into implementing Alpha Channel support for more modern codecs such as for MOV, etc. The old Alpha Channel RGB AVI is getting a bit long in the tooth but it still works perfectly and is still supported by a number of programs such as BluffTitler. I bought one of the last ParticleIllusion products before they sold to Boris FX and I haven't yet been able to successfully install the HuffyUV codec on my Win 8.1 but it still works well on my old XP.  Hopefully, I'll eventually get it installed on my 8.1 system but ParticleIllusion still lets me make Alpha Channel  compressed AVI's.  By the way you can run the more modern versions of Alpha Channel Video on PTE as long as you can get an Alpha Matt file and use it as a video mask just as with Proshow Producer.

Best regards,

Lin

16 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Aleina,

Once the MacIntosh version is launched I think the developers will look into implementing Alpha Channel support for more modern codecs such as for MOV, etc. The old Alpha Channel RGB AVI is getting a bit long in the tooth but it still works perfectly and is still supported by a number of programs such as BluffTitler. I bought one of the last ParticleIllusion products before they sold to Boris FX and I haven't yet been able to successfully install the HuffyUV codec on my Win 8.1 but it still works well on my old XP.  Hopefully, I'll eventually get it installed on my 8.1 system but ParticleIllusion still lets me make Alpha Channel  compressed AVI's.  By the way you can run the more modern versions of Alpha Channel Video on PTE as long as you can get an Alpha Matt file and use it as a video mask just as with Proshow Producer.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin!
Thanks so much for the clarification! Honestly, I did not imagine that the program could use video with an alpha channel without a mask. It was a very pleasant surprise for me! I started experimenting and the alpha channel in the MOV file works fine for me. Program Version 10.0.3. But due to the large size of the video with the alpha channel, I convert them all to mp4 and use it with a mask just as with Proshow Producer.

Best regards,

Aleina.