WnSoft Forums

Is it possible to modify existing styles?

Yaryman

So I'm doing the trial version of Studio Pro which allows you to create a new slide style. 
What I'm looking to do, is make a slight modification to an existing slide style.
Long story short, I don't see me creating styles from scratch, so buying the pro version wouldn't be worth it. But if I can modify styles, then it's a go on the pro. 

There are a couple styles I like, but I would like them even more if I could modify them. 
I'm making the assumption it would be easier to modify a style than to completely create it. ( Yes, I do know the rule about making assumptions )
The modification would be something like covering more of the screen with the original photo in this style. ( Photo below ) 

features.jpg

Hi Yaryman,

Did you watch the video I made for you after you posted the video of your show?  One of the things I covered was just how easy it is to create a style and also how to save your text which was obliterated by applying a slide style and how to apply that saved text AFTER using a slide style. 

There are plenty of good time saving reasons to use a style in your shows to greatly save time. Yes, you can modify a style which was created by users and save the modifications as a new style. David's  reminder perhaps requires a little more clarification. There are default styles that are part of PTE and there are hundreds of styles which are not part of the program itself but have been made by various users. Any style made by a user can be modified and saved as a new style. Those styles which are created by and distributed by the developers with the program can't be edited and saved. On the other hand, some of the styles distributed by the developers have identical counterparts in styles created by users and either sold or given to the forum, so the vast majority of built-in styles can be modified by using these counterparts rather than the default built-in styles of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

LIn, 
Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I had watched the first one you posted in the thread, but didn't see you had added the second longer video to your post. 
Note: I was going to make up some lame excuse about the dog eating my homework, and that was why I didn't see the video, but since you added it to a post that
was already there, I didn't know you had added it. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Lin Evans said:

Those styles which are created by and distributed by the developers with the program can't be edited and saved.

??????????

I have just told him how to do it (with the Deluxe Version) and posted a sample of a re-created Style.

The only part which is not possible to save is the "Options" as in "Album" / Options / Zoom and Caption.

DG