WnSoft Forums

Action on Mouse Click - to Show video files as well as exe

jkb

As more people are making MP4's these days instead of Exe files, could it be possible for the 'Action on Mouse Click - Open Application' to display video files as well as exe files.

I have just been making a Menu to run competition entries and well over half are video files.
This means that for each entry I have to click on the drop down arrow to display 'all files' to be able to find the video file to link to.

If it is possible, it would save a lot of time if the video files were shown along with the exe files.

This competition only had 33 entries, so not too bad to do it.
But there is one coming up that currently has 70 with still some more to come in.

And another which is likely to have over 100 entries.

Just trying to save a bit of time in preparing for the competitions.

Jill

Jill,

Just a quick idea: wrap a video file into a EXE show and call it using Run Slideshow with Return.

A simple project with 1 slide only - this video clip and Cut transition. It will take 1 minute to prepare this project.

Menu show and video shows will use same PTE version, so Run Slideshow command will work.

PTE 10 plays good video clips, especially on a modern computers.

Igor, thanks an interesting idea.

However I think this would involve more work, these are not my AV's but those that other people have entered into the competitions.
You have said that it is best to make MP4 if a show contains heavy animation or video, especially with the Windows10/Nvidia problems, so that is what people have done.
Some have been made with other programs - M.Objects, Wings, Proshow etc. or a Mac program

When the entries come in I run them all through to make sure they play correctly.
If I was then to take the video file & make an exe in PTE I would have to run them again to make sure they still played correctly.
I simply don't have the time to do this with all the entries.

Jill

Jill,

Ok, I understand.

Try the following solution:

1. Use "Run Application..." command. Click to choose a file. In this window change a filter for accepted files from "Video Files" to "All Files". Now you can see and choose all files, including video files.

2. Configure your video player (VLC or MPC-HC) to run video files on fullscreen by default.

Now when you call a video clip, PTE menu show will call a video player on fullscreen. When the video player finishes you can close it and PTE menu show will continue work.

Does it work good for you? I just check with MPC-HC player and it worked fine.

If you use FFplayer.exe from FFmpeg, the player will automatically exit after playback and return to PTE menu show. I can tell more about use of FFplayer.

Igor, thanks, this is what I do already and have done for many years.

It is when I click the run application and the window opens to show the available files. These are all exe files, I have to click the down arrow to choose all files for it to show the video files as well.

All the files I am running from the menu are in the same folder. I was wondering if you could make that window that opens on run application also include video as well as exe files.

Just trying to save a few mouse clicks.

Jill