WnSoft Forums

Peru2003 - A meeting of hearts

LumenLux

I liked your show!

I was in Peru this summer and have a large stack of photographs waiting for my attention.

Could you tell me what music you used for your show? I'm especially interested in the last piece, the faster-paced one, right before the "credits" at the end. But if you have the name of the pieces, I'm actually interested in them all.

I can TELL that you loved your trip -- we loved ours!

Harold

Thank you Harold, I am glad you enjoyed. I am sure my presentation is more meaningful to you since you have some experience there yourself. As you may have guessed, the main purpose of my presentation is for a "souvenier" and "memory jogger" for those that were with us this time. Our organization has been going on similar expeditions over the last six or so years. But each trip involves different participants and every experience is unique.

The music is partly (mostly?) by groups that I have been able to hear in person down there. But with my lack of Spanish language, the titles don't stick with me. However, the specific piece you ask about is actually Greensleeves - which I presume is from jolly old England. (By the way, where are you located?) I was surprised to hear this Peruvian rendition but some of the more "touristicated" groups have also displayed great skill in rendering classical classics in the Andean flavor.

• 2 weeks later...

LumenLux:

As always my wife and I thoroughly enjoy watching your shows.

From the smiles on the faces of the many children....I think someone must have been doing something very wonderful.

Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Sincerely,

ken

Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Ken, I am glad you enjoyed this glimpse (and glimpse is really all it is. :) )

Related to another topic you recently originated, I really enjoy most of the "personal" shows that are posted. Among the many members of this forum are many diverse talents. Not all of us have the same artistic talents nor geographic opportunities. We all do have an excellent program from Igor that allows us a way to share what we think may be interesting. Many shows won't appeal to everyone, but I think we can be sure that every show is meaningful to at least the creator. Whether it be the pure artistic creativity of some, a new use of PTE, or a glimpse into life in Lithuania, I think it is great that we as viewers have such a grand opportunity.