WnSoft Forums

Demo of some PTE capabiitiesFor Former Proshow Users

Lin Evans

Hi Folks,

This is compiled from a number of older demos and designed to show some non-traditional animations which can be done with PTE using a range of techniques and including ideas and some constructs including styles from  Jean Cyprien, Dave Gould, theDom, David Fitzpatrick, and myself among others. These represent a wide range of possibilities to play with for fun.

This is a very large executable file - the zipped file is about 500 meg so best for those with a fast internet connect. It's in Windows PC format only - I've misplaced my original PTE file so can't output a Mac version. It's for fun but will give those new to PTE an idea of the power of this program.

http://www.lin-evans.org/whatcanbedone/what.zip

Lin

Hi, Im Rune from Norway. Mostly working with videos, have picked up Davinci Resolve for that purpose. But sometimes im working with stills, or more correctly with stills and videos. For that I have used Proshow Producer, but now that product is out, and Im searching for "a new relationship", wether I should stick to my still working Proshow, go for the new Photopia, OR swich to PTE.

In your opinion, can PTE do something similar to Proshow Producer? Are we talking about two programs in the same league?

Is it possible to find more styles, theams and transitions somewhere on the Internet or webpage? Either for free or for bying?

Do PTE have any kind of Wizzard for making a fast slideshow?

I have testet PTE and I liked it. The speed and unlimited numbers of tracks (sound). But still im wondering..., hope you all can give me some advice for making the best decision for me...

Hi Rune,

Welcome to the PTE forum.

Did you actually download the sample and look?  PTE can do things which could not even be dreamed of with Producer. Yes there are hundreds of styles available and many, many of them free. There is no "Wizard" but making a "fast slideshow" is a very simple process with PTE. I'll provide some links to shows I've made with PTE below. Please watch them and ask yourself "could I do this with Producer?" 

Best regards,

Lin

26 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

Please watch them and ask yourself "could I do this with Producer?" 

Hi Lin,
Most of the effects shown are implemented in Proshow Producer. With the exception of deformed planes (pages in the book), ripples on the water and effects with a huge amount of video (Proshow Producer with the video does not work well if there is a lot of it in the slide).
Of course, there are more opportunities in the PTE, because we are here. )))

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I'm very familiar with Producer - I have used both Proshow, Proshow Gold and Proshow Producer since they have been available. I was a beta tester for the original Proshow software before it was even released (before Gold and Producer were developed). 

There are many, many effects in these samples which simply could not be done with Producer because it didn't have 3d transforms or hierarchical capabilities. Some of the things which might "look" like they were done with video were not done with video at all. As an example the rotating, zooming icosahedron with 3620 tiny video screens simultaneously playing over 100 different videos on all 3620 individual video screens all built with PTE. Another example, the 3 dimensional wedding book in my wedding style. Another, the text circling Jupiter - or the puzzle pieces something not done with video and not possible with Producer. I found things which are exceedingly easy to do with PTE which were very difficult with Producer such as simply changing the "center" of rotation which is an easy drag and drop with PTE but required way too much time and effort with Producer. 

Producer had some very nice features which are not implemented in PTE, but for animation - in my experience - there really is no comparison.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Rune,

To complete the collection, here are some others videos I made those last days with PTE.
And there are styles available on my website. Some of them are free. http://gumroad.com/thedom
PTE is a very powerfull product but for people who want to use to produce high quality slideshows very quickly, there are not a lot of pre-made models inside the product right now.