WnSoft Forums

"Jump to...."

JRR

I think something like this might have been talked about before, but a "jump to..." feature would be nice.

This would allow you to jump to any slide number (or time point) in a show (be it synchronized or not).

The feature could be added to the navigation bar, or better yet, use a short cut key of "J" that you could tap on at anytime and enter the slide number you want to jump to (or time point) with or without "permit control of show" turned on).

Hi Jim,

I completely agree with you about a "Jump Mode" in PTE-

I had mentioned this before on the Forum and I also asked

Igor about it. He did say... "he would look at it"...but I expect

that got lost as he was up to his neck in finishing off PTE 430.

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks Igor, sounds great.

You are your responsive self :):)

Any chance of having "control of show" without the navigation bar showing, with the actions being controlled by hot keys ?

Any chance of having "control of show" without the navigation bar showing, with the actions being controlled by hot keys ?

Please explain me in more details. You can show next or previous slides using arrows keys. Home key to show first slide, Pause/Break key to Pause show.

Igor:

With regards to the JUMP to Feature...

What we were thinking of was for synchronized or non-synchonized shows to be able to "jump" to any chosen slide (or time spot) by clicking on a "hot key" (" j ' as an example). You be able to jump forward and backwards as you checked out the show.

It was found to be very useful to a group of people who used to use another software, who are now "sold" on PTE, but miss that feature. It helps with creating shows. While PTE allows to start a certain point in PREVIEW, once started there you can no longer jump (in synched shows).

Re using HOT KEYS rather than the navbigation bar allows control of the show without the 'distracting" navigation bar and cursor on the screen.

Hot keys could be as you described plus a few more perhaps such as the "J" all of which could be used with synched or non-synched shows without the navigation bar and the mouse cursor on the screen.

Is that a little clearer ?

Thanks

Hi Igor,

To make this simple -(I can't speak Russian)- here is example:-

Type in---> "J-27"--->Press Enter--->PTE jumps to---> Slide 27.

This is a "summary" of what Jim wants to do - it may be easier another way ?

I hope this helps.

Brian.Conflow.