WnSoft Forums

My First upload

stonemason

I've uploaded my first PTE slideshow to http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp entitled

American Cemetery Madingley (Cambridgeshire, UK). Comments and constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

thanks

stonemason

Geoff:

As a person who is proud to be an American, I was highly stirred by your very moving presentation. I was too young to have been directly involved with that terrible war.... but let us never forget those that sacrificed their lives to overcome the terrible atrocities done by those they fought. This includes not only Americans but also soldiers from countries throughout the world.

The presentation was so thoughtfully made...and meant much to me as we Americans seem to be so despised by so many throughout the world in the present times.

I've watched it several times and suggest that you not change anything...it gives its message so well.

Thank you so much for creating and sharing with us...I shall be directing many to your presentation.

Very sincerely,

ken

The last time that I can remember being so overwhelmed was when I visited the Kranji War Memorial in Singapore back in the 1950's. Geoff, your slide show is wonderful and makes me feel very humble! No need to change it in anyway - the message it portrays is real enough and let us all remember that "but for the grace of God, there go I"

Lest we forget!

Ron West

My American Cemetery slideshow has been downloaded 140 times, but I have had very little feedback. I hope that this doesn't mean that I have offended people with this show. It is not a political statement in any way, just my impressions of Madingley. If anyone has been offended please accept my apologies.

stonemason

I can of course only speak for myself, but I doubt that your show has offended viewers. I think the few comments in spite of 140 dl's is not unusual. I almost always encourage more comments and try to offer comments, but as you can observe, I had not commented on your show. I guess none of us always do what we think should be done. I think the three most common reasons for no response are: 1. Viewer feels his thoughts would be repeats of comments already made. 2. Viewer feels presumptious to comment on obviously well done shows. 3. Viewer is "normal" person who wants to do more than he ever gets around to. ;) On the other side of the coin, if a creator is looking for comments, they can be so helpful - from critique of techniqe to opinions that build or shatter egos - all are worthwhile. And, as I have said before, "Silence can be so easily misunderstood!

So after that lengthy generic comment, let me mention your show. I enjoyed your show. I thought it was well done. I think it encourages a thoughtful moment. I would hope no-one would understand it to be an offense. I would say your show reached me but I don't know if I felt it as strong as some other viewers did. That is not to mean any less the value of your show. I think with any show, the viewer sees it through the infinite experiences that have shaped each viewers life. I think your show should have meaning to everyone and as evidenced by other comments, has deep meaning to some.

Important: Comments or not, please share some more of your productions.

Now that I'm on Broadband (the faster connection) I have been able to download some shows. :D

Unfortunately my life is still on a 24 hour cycle and crammed with 48 hours worth of things to do. Every so often I take time out and view a few of the wonderful sequences from Beechbrook, etc. I really enjoy this time and have seen some great work - my thanks to all who have shared their sequences with me.

I do mean to write and comment & say thank you , but then the phone or doorbell goes, another deadline to make .....and another intention has flown quickly out of my batty brain! :blink:

Thanks to all who share their work, I'm trying to find a solution to uploading some work soon.

Sorry about the lack of comments :unsure:

- it does not mean we haven't loved seeing the work !

Thank you & apologies!

Best wishes

Maureen