WnSoft Forums

Digital Projector

globalimages

For the last 20 years I have given lectures on cruiseships all of them illustrated with my photographs. I use one or two slideprojectors. Would love to convert my lectures into P2E format and have done a few experiments. Most of the projectors on the ships though are older and do not give any good colors, so I am thinking of buying one myself.

I have recently encountered two acceptable but not great projectors one by Epson and one better than that one a Sanyo PLC-XU46. In order for me to make the switch I need somewhat better color than what those projectors were able to show. The auditorium is dark so I only need some 2000-2500 lumen. I have heard that Mistubishi have good projectors the xd300u or 350u but I have never had the opportunity to try one.

Any suggestions ?????????????and of course portability is a must. Thanks Curt

For the last 20 years I have given lectures on cruiseships all of them illustrated with my photographs.

I think Curt, that with a "job" like that, you don't need any advice from anyone!

Seriously, welcome to the forum. There will be some answers better than mine. I have never owned a digital projector but have used 5 or 6 different ones. My only advice would be to do as you are trying to do - either view the projected images by each one or at very least ask for personal experiences. But even with honest answers, it is hard to get accurate estimate of how you will like any given result. In your case, it might be worth finding a dealer who can do side-by-side comparison demos for you.

Guest Techman1

Curt,

I would think that one of the main things to consider other than the brightness (lumens) and the resolution that you are looking for, would be to make sure the power supply is switchable. I just saw where DELL Computers (yes, they have projectors also) was having a huge sell on some of their units. The prices I saw were nearly 40% off of what they were selling for only 6 months ago. These are very portable and the color is quite good. A Photographer friend of mine purchased one at the end of last year for her lectures around the world and she has been quite pleased with the results. I don't recall the exact model she went with, but I believe it is one of the ones listed on sale.

Let me also say, welcome to the forum. Also, just thinking outloud, CruiseShips, Lecturing and Photography.....Life sounds good!

Good luck and please let us know which one you go with.

Fred