WnSoft Forums

SY(P) Software

Jean-Claude

Dear friends,

we have been compelled to edit this thread and to delete some posts, because the discussion about "Sy(p)" software was becoming occasion of an unpleasant quarrel. We cannot accept here personal and sarcastic allusions to any member: PTE Forum is a constructive place for a reciprocal help, not a space for personal brawls.

However, we haven’t closed this topic, and we’ll welcome any further helpful contribution.

As for us, we underline again our estimation of Jean-Claude and his "Sy(p)", an excellent and useful help for PTE users.

Forum Moderators,

Igor Kokarev, Guido Russo

Dear Moderators,

I saw you have edited and modified my posts in this thread. That's your right of course, if you think it was offending.

But I think the minimum would be to let the mention "Edited (or modified) by Moderator..."

in my posts.

I ask you to add this mention in the posts you have modified.

Best regards

Marco

Excellent add-on to PTE !

What I like personnally with SY(P) is the possibility to re-build the paths to image and/or sound files.

I know that with PTE the 'Templates' function groups all necessary files into a 'Templates' folder but, for many reasons, I don't use it. (main reasons: I don't like to store data, i.e. images or sounds, on the drive where only programs are kept; I don't like duplication of large image and sound files which exist on another drive).

Thus, I am used to edit manually - i.e. with Notepad - the '.pte' file in order to change the paths when I transfer the projects to my laptop for example. Not very difficult but still a risky operation.

With SY(P) I have realized that this is done very easily and without risks any more !

Thank you for this !

I now have to discover the other functions with which I'm not too familiar, like the 'block editing' of images which seems powerful but new to me.

I think I have found a quirk in the "Picture Pool" function. When I select, say, slides 6 through 12, the slide #12 shows up as the first slide. Each time I try this, selecting different groups of slides, the last slide shows up as the 1st slide and it is numbered as #1. Am I doing something wrong or is this what is actually happening??? Thanks... Gary

Yes Goddi,

There is a strange behaviour of the right click with Sy(P).

If you want to select several pictures you need to use as normal a combination of left click and then Shift or Ctrl keys +Click.

Now to call for pop up or any function you need to keep Shift or Ctrl down while you right click otherwise the pop menu just applies on the last picture...

This is something Jean Claude has fixed and that will come up with the next release... Try it and let me know.

There is a strange behaviour of the right click with Sy(P).

If you want to select several pictures you need to use as normal a combination of left click and then Shift or Ctrl keys +Click.

I do use the normal combo of Left-click, Shift, Left-click to highlight the range of images. I did not use a Right-Click. I just tried it again and the last image in the series appears first in the list.

Gary...

Once you've selected a block; to call an action hold SHIFT or CTRL key down  and right click... A pop up menu will show up and the function will apply to all selected pictures.

Haddock... I have followed your advice...and the advice in the Help menu...but it still happens. If I block 8 images, for example, and open them as a 'Picture Pool.' the images are shown in this sequence: 8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

No Syp pop-up action menu appears by holding the SHIFT and right click (after the images are selected). Only the normal Windows choice of 'Select' appears to bring them into the Picture Pool window. If, after the block is pulled into the 'Picture Pool' window, then a Shift-Right Click will bring an Syp 'action pop-up window' that allows me to sort the images...but it re-sorts keeping the incorrect sequence.

Do you get the images in the proper sequence? When you say this will be corrected in a new version, do you mean the way you choose the block, or the resulting incorrect sequence of the images???

Thanks... Gary

You are right Gary,

Picture pool, opening new images:

selecting a block of images is confusing. I don't know why. Is it Windows or my development tool?

First image selected becomes the last, last becomes the first. Others are correctly arranged.

...but,

if you select first, the last image and then the first picture to define the block, order is preserved.

Same behaviour and same solution when selecting non adjacent images with Ctrl + click.

I don't have any explanation. Sorry.

Future documentation will note this.

...but, if you select first, the last image and then the first picture to define the block, order is preserved. Same behaviour and same solution when selecting non adjacent images with Ctrl + click.

I don't have any explanation. Sorry.

Hi Jean-Claude...

I tried your solution. But when you re-select the first image (after selecting the first image; then Shift-Left click the last image to hightlight the range), it de-selects the entire range.

However, I figured out that after you highlight the adjacent or non-adjacent range of images you want, just hold the CTRL key and then reselect the first image, it will reset the first image in the range as the first image in the Pool. You left out that the "CTRL" key as the key that does the re-setting the first image as the first image.

Strange but it worked... Thanks... Gary

• 1 month later...

photoCD,

Sorry, but I don't buy your logic. If a sw app is supposed to provide a sorted list, then it provides a sorted list.

It sounds as though what is happening in your example is that number 8 is the last one selected, so it is the highlighted item, and so is opened first. If an app is not supposed to do this, then it should not.

Steve

keffs

Only just started using PTE a few days ago, and just came across this forum and SY(P) yesterday. When I saw the post by goddi, I immediately thought of the same scenario in PSP. Having just tried the selection in the Picture Pool, I now see what goddi is referring to.

On a side note, I found the size coordinates somewhat confusing, as they are given as yx coordinates and not the standard xy coordinates. It's not really an issue, as I would be resizing my images to a specific size prior to using them in PTE/SY(P).

-->Ignore this bit-->Having only messed around with SY(P) for a few hours, I am not familiar enough with it, but I seem to be running into some problems. I have a sequence of title and end slides (7 of each) and have them displayed for a second with a one second fade. That I achieved easily enough in PTE. I then tried to use SY(P) to create the ideal timings for the other slides so that they matched the length of the piece of music. Everything shows as having changed and I save it OK. However, when I open it in PTE to create an EXE from it, the timings are still at their old settings.<-- In addition, it also states that it cannot find the background image, even though I use the exact same image elsewhere in the show. I have tried this on two different shows several times with the same result.

SY(P) is better than I thought. My comments about it not changing the settings is rubbish. I was only looking at the project options and not the individual slides. Regarding the background image, it appears to lose it on those slides I edit. I just opened the PTE file in Wordpad and added them back. I have just one more requirement from this program but will do some more investigation before asking for help . :rolleyes:

Any pointers would be appreciated. I know I could probably use the 'Customize Synchronization' in PTE, but it is a lot more time consuming.

• 1 month later...
I have just tried one of my recent PTE's on SY(P) and the "Page rolling down from the top" is shown as "Unknown effect in PTE 4.20".   But no tantrums.

Ron [uK]

The current version of Sy(P) is in accordance with PTE 4.30.

At the moment I work on a new version in order to make it compatible with PTE 4.40.

Igor recently (thanks to him) let me know the last specifications.

Next version will also include

- merging and splitting PTE projects

- modification of slideshow main parameters

- possibility of adding external remarks (different from comments) to each pictures

... and some others goodies

Merci Jean-Claude. C'est tres bien. I notice that you have extracted my comment from another thread, where I was responding to a member who had said that when using SY(P) the page curl effect had sent his computer into a tantrum. I would like to make it clear that I am more than happy with SY(P) as it is, but like all things any improvement will be a bonus.

Ron [uK]

I agree with Ron - the tool is great and we look forward to its further development. I'm sure users of this forum are grateful that you are prepared to share the results of your hard work so freely!

Merci Jean-Claude. C'est tres bien.