WnSoft Forums

Problems with buttons again.. [SOLVED]

Dave Brooker

Hi Igor,

I have done a little more investigation and have found that with Beta (10.5.7 Build 3):-

1 .Mp4 files will not run without the file location even though in same folder. 

2 .pte files will not run without the file location even if in a folder containing all the slide show images etc is in the same folder

3 .psd files will not run without the file location even though in same folder.

In each instance if the file location is included in Run Application ...., then all three will either run or open up in PTE or Photoshop. On closing PTE or Photoshop the system returns to the desktop. However in all these examples the menu remains available from the taskbar and can be reopened.

I have not yet tried other applications such as Audacity but I suspect that this is all to do with the Mac operating system.

TC

On 12/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, tc_leeds said:

I have done a little more investigation and have found that with Beta (10.5.7 Build 3):-

1 .Mp4 files will not run without the file location even though in same folder. 

2 .pte files will not run without the file location even if in a folder containing all the slide show images etc is in the same folder

3 .psd files will not run without the file location even though in same folder.

Thanks for testing.

Currently, the Mac version requires a full path to a file to open a document or video, using Run Application or Open File command. We'll try to add support for relative paths in future version 11.0, it will require significant changes in the code.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, tc_leeds said:

In each instance if the file location is included in Run Application ...., then all three will either run or open up in PTE or Photoshop. On closing PTE or Photoshop the system returns to the desktop. However in all these examples the menu remains available from the taskbar and can be reopened.

I explained this issue recently in another topic. Unlike Windows, In macOS closing a launched app (document) doesn't return automatically to original fullscreen app.

You can observe the same issue in Finder. Switch to a fullscreen mode of Finder window and run a MP4 video (VLC), when video finishes and VLC closes, you don't see Finder window, it's minimized in the Dock.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:44 PM, Dave Brooker said:

Was going to do as you asked but I think you have addressed the problem after the discussion with TC. Will try the 10.5.7 version to see if it is any better with regard to the "Run Application or Open File".  TC's method of "Wrapping" an mp4 is fine with me.

Hi Dave,

Let me know about results with testing the newest version 10.5.7 Beta. 

If I remember rightly the raised questions and problems:

- Run Slideshow with Return command should run any .pteav show file on Mac (created in PTE AV Studio 10.5). This command also guarantees that the menu and launched show both will stay in a fullscreen mode.

- To open a video file using Run Application or Open File command, please point a full path to a file. Click the small button at the ride side of this box and you'll see the Open file window to choose a file. It will automatically fills this box according chosen file.

Hi Igor,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Have downloaded 10.5.7 Build 4.  

Run Slideshow  -  Runs the file pteav but returns to desktop

Run Slideshow and Return - Runs the file pteav and returns full screen menu file as required.

Run Application and Open File  -  Will run a selected file, tried mp4 and a Keynote file, both OK but returns to desktop.

Run Application and Exit -  Runs the file but returns to desktop.

So the second option works OK for me as long as I embed/wrap an mp4 created from Keynote or other source into a pre and create a pteav file.  I don't seem to have any problems with the programme freezing now.

Dave

• Igor changed the title to Problems with buttons again.. [SOLVED]